- The Rangers and Lightning are the only teams remaining in the Playoffs that have BC alumni on their rosters.
- Brian Boyle missed Game 1 against the Rangers due to an undisclosed injury. He had not missed a game this season before missing Game 1 of this round.
- Kevin Hayes scored a goal for the Rangers in their Round 2, Game 7 win against Washington, helping his team to advance to Round 3.
- Hayes also did a great job setting up the GWG in Game 1 against Tampa Bay.
- Chris Kreider also picked up an assist for New York in Game 1 against Tampa.
- BC alum Ben Smith scored 2 goals for the USA in the 2015 IIHF World Championships. Smith's first goal came in the US's win against Slovakia. His second goal (GIF below) was scored in the win against Switzerland.
- Smith and the USA came in third place in the 2015 IIHF World Championships, earning a bronze medal. They defeated the Czech Republic to earn the medal.
- Johnny Gaudreau is back at BC taking classes and working toward finishing his degree.
- Nathan Gerbe's fun facts for the Hurricanes' Season in Review included a nice BC shout-out: