You’ve struggled through the first few months of the college sports offseason, and your patience has been rewarded. Welcome, fellow Eaglets, to our 6th annual BC Interruption GIF of the Year Tournament!
“The Year That Was” in BC athletics in 2017-2018 was actually pretty decent, so we’ve got our deepest pool of GIFs in years. It should be a fun few weeks of voting — and your votes alone will determine which GIFs advance to the championship. This is not a responsibility you should take lightly.
A few notes:
- The tournament will run Monday through Thursday each week until a champion is crowned, with each matchup dropping at 9:00 AM (EDT) each morning.
- We will unveil one matchup per day.
- Voting will close 23.5 hours after the original post, which means that Thursday matchups will end at 8:30 AM (EDT) on Friday even though there won’t be another matchup until Monday. Why 23.5 hours? I need some time to prepare the next post!
- A word on stuffing the ballot: DBaD. Voting from more than one device is fine. Voting 1000x on one computer is not fine. You know who you are. Please heed this advice. It’s a problem every single year. I know this is The Most Important Thing On The Internet, but if your favorite GIF isn’t winning, suck it up and deal with it, snowflake. This season we’re introducing a new voting platform that should largely eliminate stuffing the ballot. Still, just don’t try it.
- The matchups were set up randomly, FA Cup style, with no seeding.
- Entrants were taken from the Nominations post from last week, with others selected by our crack team of certified GIFologists (me). The only requirement for entry was that the GIF has to be at least tangentially related to BC.
- The voting criteria is literally anything you want it to be.
And that’s pretty much it. So without further ado, let’s get started with our first matchup of the year!
Remember when we beat Duke? I ‘member! Our very first GIF of the year is a view of the students rushing the court after beating the Blue Devils, from right in the thick of it. You can even see Jerome Robinson celebrating on the scorer’s table on the right for a split second. Awesome.
One of the best moments in the BC athletics season was the women’s hockey team putting together a comeback win over the Terriers to retain the Women’s Beanpot. Senior captain Toni Ann Miano scored on a wrister from the high slot to send the team into a frenzy — and just as importantly, sending the Terriers home sad.
So, the 2018 GIF of the Year tournament is underway! Who do you have as the first GIF to advance to the quarterfinals? Make your vote now!
Note that if you are viewing this article on Google AMP, the poll won’t show. You’ll need to click “options” at the top of the page and click “view on source website,” or just click here for a direct link to the poll.