Welcome to the 2016-2017 NCAA Women's Hockey Pairwise Calculator! Using this tool, you can play around with the results of this year's women's college hockey season and see its effect on the Pairwise Rankings.
When it's conference tournament time, check back here to find our annual Tournament Predictor: You'll be able to enter your predicted results for the conference tournaments in an easy-to-use bracket setup and see the resulting Pairwise Rankings. You can see last year's version here.
Simple instructions to get you started:
- To edit game results, go into the "D1 Results" tab. You'll see a line for every game of the season. You can edit the score for any past game(s), or enter a score for any future game(s).
- Once you've changed your results in "D1 Results," pull up the PWR tab to see the resulting PWR.
And that's it!
A few notes and tips:
- Score margin doesn't matter, of course—only win/lose/tie.
- To remove results, you need to double click on the cells with scores in them and delete everything in the cell for both team's scores. The sheet reads non-blanks as a score: for example, two blanks is "no game," but two [space]'s will be read as a 0-0 tie.
- To add a game, just add a line in "D1 Results" like the rest of the lines, but make sure you spell each team name exactly the same as the rest.
- Actual game results do not update automatically—but I will be periodically updating them roughly each night after they happen. The spreadsheet will then update with the new results if you refresh the page.
- Once you change results in the "D1 Results" tab and switch over to the "PWR" tab, give it a second. The results will update, but not instantaneously. It's a pretty big spreadsheet.
If you have any questions, comments, or bugs to report, I can be reached at grant dot salzano at gmail dot com.