-14. The number of total net rushing yards by Boston College. It's the first time the Eagles have been held under zero yards rushing total in the 21st century, according to the website Sports Reference. The website actually doesn't go beyond 2000 for game logs, so I'm not sure when the last time this actually happened. The Eagles came close once during the Spaz years: 8 yards total on October 27, 2012 against Maryland.
93. Net yards passing. It's the fifth time this year the passing game's failed to hit 100 yards, and it's the 12th time in the Steve Addazio era that's happened.
7. The number of sacks scored by the Boston College defense, second most in program history.
16. Tackles recorded by BC for a loss, the third time it's happened this year and the sixth time it's happened in the last two years. It was the most TFL recorded by BC and the most since they recorded 16 against USC last year.
122. Where the Eagles rank in total offense this season. Of the six teams behind them, two are power conference teams. The Eagles are currently outgaining Navy, Louisiana-Monroe, Missouri, Kansas State, Tulane, and Central Florida.
112. The ranking in total offense of Temple this season, who is 7-0 and ranked in the top 25. The Owls are playing with a majority of recruits brought into the program by Steve Addazio.
3. The number of ACC schools ranked 100th or lower in total offense. Virginia is 101st in the nation, with Syracuse at 114th. BC is obviously last at 122.
47. Amount of passing yards by Jeff Smith on 5-11 passing.
46. Amount of passing yards by Troy Flutie on 4-11 passing, nearly identical to Smith in the short time he was on the field.
35:57. Time of possession by the Louisville Cardinals. The Cardinals outgained the Eagles in this regard by a sizeable margin in each quarter—at least two minutes. In the fourth quarter, they held the ball for four minutes longer than BC.
7%. BC's performance on third down. The Eagles were 1-14 on third down conversions. BC is now 120th in the nation, converting third downs at approximately a 31.4% success rate. Good news? They're better than Miami, who's at 31.1%.
24. The adjusted QBR stat of Troy Flutie according to ESPN.com. QBR is a stat designed by ESPN to measure a quarterback's play against the situation and time of game. It takes into account variables such as playing conditions, situational football, pressure positions, and other areas. Although not a true measurement of a player's play, it's a good solid use of advanced statistics in football. An "average QBR" is typically 75.
24.7. The adjusted QBR of Jeff Smith.
22. Net yardage running of Myles Willis, an average of 1.8 yards per carry on 12 carries, BC's leading rusher.
4. The net yardage of Myles Willis if you take off the 18 yard carry he had for a long. That leaves him with four yards on 11 carries.
29. The long run of quarterback-turned-running back Reggie Bonnafon for Louisville.
12. The number of punts by Alex Howell for 507 yards. He punted a long of 54 and landed five inside the 20.