The Octofinals sure gave us some fun in the first round, but with Vermont's win over Maine and Notre Dame's thrashing of UMass, we're set to let the four best teams in Hockey East take to the ice with the hopes of eliminating those first round contenders.
To recap the first round:
– Fifth seeded Notre Dame went to five overtimes and lost in the first game against UMass, then rallied to win two straight over the Minutemen at home.
– Sixth seeded Northeastern lost in overtime to Merrimack via a short-handed goal on Friday, then followed it up with a Saturday double-overtime loss to end the season. The Warriors move on to and, as the lowest remaining seed, are automatically slotted to take on the league's regular season champion.
– Seventh seeded Vermont also needed three games against Maine despite winning on Friday, but they won in overtime on Sunday to take their series with the visiting Black Bears.
– Eighth seeded UNH did very bad things to the #icebus
Here is the bracket moving forward:
Friday - Sunday, March 13-15: Best-of-Three Quarterfinals Round
Play on campus sites
(11) Merrimack at (1) Boston University
(8) New Hampshire at (2) Providence
(7) Vermont at (3) Boston College
(5) Notre Dame at (4) UMass-Lowell
Friday, March 20: Semifinals Games
Saturday, March 21: Championship Final
When the teams hit the TD Garden, they will reseed based on current number. That means Boston University is required to play the worst possible team, should they advance, while Merrimack will be required to play the best remaining team, should they advance. Everything else is determined on who is available.
|BU-MC||PC-UNH||BC-UVM||ND-UML||Semifinal 1||Semifinal 2|