Do I really have to post about this?
I'm being told that I do. So let's make this quick.
We could very well be heading into the annual BC Hockey Slump™, so everyone should really prepare themselves emotionally realizing that 1) it will end (I promise), 2) it's going to be painful, and annoying, and 3) we're still making the tournament, so everyone just relax.
Someone may need to remind me of that from time to time.
Anyway, this game could be summed up with the following storyline:
1) Minnesota scores garbage goal in which Milner was pushed into the net while covering the puck.
2) BC outplays Gophers for the bulk of the next several minutes
3) BC starts to take penalties and quickly goes down 3-0.
4) From the end of the 1st through the first half of the 2nd, BC largely outplays Minnesota, but gets repeatedly robbed by Minnesota goalie Adam Wilcox.
5) More penalties, game is put completely out of reach.
6) BC SCORES! WOOOOOOOOOO...
7) ...OOOOOOOOOOOOaw awwww Minnesota scored again...
The game ended 8-1 Minnesota and was the most excruciating hockey experience of my life.
There is just so much to complain about. The tone of the entire game was set after the first Minnesota goal. The referee seemed to take extra pleasure in making the call after the review. The young defensive corps played like a young defensive corps and looked just completely lost at times. Players were throwing the puck every which way without any attempt to make a smart play. At one point a player threw a backhand pass from behind our own net that slid right into the slot. Fortunately it didn't lead to a goal.
Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. We ran into a hot goalie. We got off to a bad start. We took penalties. We weren't able to kill those penalties. We looked lost.
It was just horrific.
I don't want to talk about this anymore. We play Yale on Friday night at Conte.