It's hard to believe but the Boston College football season ends tomorrow against Syracuse. It's been one disappointing season to say the least, but on the other sideline is a team that is in bigger disarray than BC is. Scott Shafer is gone, fired after going 3-8 this season. Can Boston College pull of their first ACC win of the season, or will Syracuse rebound and head into the offseason with some momentum?
1. Avoid "RRPP"- Steve Addazio's offense was horribly predictable against Notre Dame for three quarters, when almost like clockwork BC would run it on first and second down, and pass it on third. We saw how that went. Finally Addazio let BC's offense open up a little in the fourth and voila, they scored two touchdowns. There is nothing to lose in this game, keep that mindset from the start.
2. Force Syracuse Into Mistakes: BC's defense made a ton of big plays against Notre Dame, causing multiple turnovers in critical situations. Syracuse is a mess, and BC's defense should be able to continue this trend. Because the Orange offense is nothing like Notre Dame's, BC could get the ball in great field position, and this could lead to much needed points.
3. Take The Crowd Out Of It: It's senior day for the Orange, and Scot Shafer's last game with the Orange. Emotions are going to be high for both the players and staff. BC needs to make a statement early, and eliminate this factor. The last thing the Eagles need is for Syracuse to start rallying around their fallen coach.
Burn This Season To The Ground With....(via bc1863)
From our loyal reader bc1863
"This way you are likely to blackout, wake up 14 hours later in a complete daze, and think for maybe just a fleeting moment, that the entire season was a bad fevered dream."
A Memoriam with Baldwin Jr.
CAW CAW. *SNIFFLE SNIFFLE* DIZ IZ MY LASTEST POST OF THE SCHOOLY YEAR AND I IZ ONE SADLY LIL' BIRDY. I SPENDZ TOO HOLE WEAKS READING DA BCI COMMENTS, AND I FINALLY GETS IT! COACH DAZIO IS A CLOOLEZZ BUFOON! THEREFORE BAWDWIN JUNYOR HAS A FIVE POINTS PLAN TO FIX THE TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR. HERE WE GOES!
1. FIRE COACH FINCH: LITTLE DO YOU KNOWS, BUT THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. I HAZ BEEN THE OFFENSIVED COORDINATIONOR SINCE THE HOWARD GAME. BUT WUT BEECEE NEEDS IS LESLIE MILES OR COACH SARK! COME ON BEECEE OPEN UP THE PIGGY BANKS AND GET US ONE! CAWWWWW!
2. MAKE DON BROWNIE THE HEADY COACH! HE IZ MY FAVORITEST DOOOD, AND WHEN IS THE LAST TIME SOMETING BAD HAS HAPPENED WHEN A DEFENSY COORDINATOR WUZ NAMED HEADY COACH?
3. MAKE COACH DAZIO THE EQUIPMENT MANAGUR!: I AM A BYRD DAT BELIEVES IN RETRIBUTION AND I THINKS THAT COACH DAZIO NEEDS TO SAY SORRY TO ALLL THE POUR HEADSETS HE SMASHED. T
4. CHANGE THE OFFENSE!: ALL DIS RUNNING AROUND LIKE TURTLES! WUT IS THIS? I SAY WE LINE UP 8 WR'S AND HAVE DEM RUN STRAIGHT DOWN DA FIELD EVERY SINGLEST PLAY! I AM A GENIE-US!
5. CHANGE DA SKEDULE!: BEECEE IS A POWER HORSE WITH LOTS OF MONIES, BRADLEE BATES SHOULD JUST SAY SKREW U ALL, DA 2016 SKEDULE WILL BE ALAY-BAMA, YOU ESS CEE, DE OO-HI-OO STATE, AND DA NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. NONE OF DIS YUKON, U-ASS OR ST. FRANCIS OF ASCICI NONSENSE!
WITH THIS PLAN DA EEGLEZ CAN'T LOSE! CAW CAW!
Gametime Song Of The Week
If you don't like my song choice, here is a YouTube Playlist of Queen
Jay Z: What More Can I Say. Playing a team from New York, albeit it no where near the city, I had to pick a NYC based rapper. Jigga is arguably the best rapper still alive, and makes hit after hit after hit. This trio of songs comes from the Black Album, a very under rated release by Jay. The whole theme of this album speaks to this Boston College football season, from "What More Can I Say" to "Public Service Announcement".
BCI Staff Predictions and GPS
Jeff and Joe are the only two picking the Eagles this week.
Jeff: BC 24 Syracuse 7. I will be at a Clemson-South Carolina party trying to get a tv on the game.
A.J.: 28-14 Boston College. I'll be up in NH watching the game in front of a toasty cabin. My wife picks 12-6 BC.
Grant: I legit forgot there was still football. Uhhhh why not, BC wins 31 (!!!) to 10. I'll be watching from home, also watching hockey.
Joe: 41-0. Watching from Conte while BC hockey preps to beat RIT
Dan: BC 23. Syracuse 6. You know what's the best way to watch football? When you go away the weekend after coming back from vacation.
Laura B: 31-14 BC As always, I will be at the cat shelter and then at the hockey game.
20-10 Orange. I'll be watching from the press room at conte.
Coach: BC 20 Syracuse 16. Jeff Smith and the Eagle D close 2015 out with a win while I feast on turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwiches
Anticipated GIF For This Game:
All Hail Coach JF (disclaimer this is not Coach Addazio), who clinched the title of Best Score Predictor-er on BCI
|Name||ND Predictions||Maine||Howard||FSU||NIU||Duke||WF||Clemson||Louisville||VT||NC State||Notre Dame||Syracuse||Total|
|Coach JF||34-13 ND||12||10||12||12||8||0||6||14||12||6||8||100|
|Dan Rubin||38-34 ND||4||6||6||8||10||0||14||8||10||8||4||78|
|Laura B||31-7 ND||10||2||0||14||4||0||12||11||0||14||6||73|
|AJ Black||28-17 ND||2||4||8||0||12||0||10||11||0||11||12||70|
|Jeff Martyn||17-14 ND||14||13||10||10||0||0||2||6||0||0||14||69|
Final game of the season. Do you think Boston College can pull it off, or will Scott Shafer be sent off with a win by the Orange? Leave your comments and predictions below! Go Eagles!
Get Social. Follow BC Interruption on Twitter And Facebook