The Boston College football team received a big boost to the 2015 recruiting class this morning, as dual-threat quarterback Elijah Robinson (Montclair, N.J. / Montclair) committed to Boston College on Tuesday.
"Elijah really liked BC and he's been told he is their No. 1 quarterback," said Fiore. "They have been after him for the past couple months, so he jumped at the offer, today.
"Its a great fit, plus coach (Steve) Addazio and that staff, I have a pretty good relationship with. They scholarshiped our three boys at Temple when they were down there, so I feel he's in great hands. Academically, its a great fit for him. He's a really strong academic student, so I think it's got all the things he's looking for and it's a great offense for his talent."
Robinson, a 6-foot-2, 185 pound athlete out of New Jersey, is listed as a dual-threat but has the versatility to play multiple positions. Scout lists him as a safety, though it sounds like BC will keep him under center. He chooses Boston College over Michigan State, Nebraska, Rutgers, Virginia and all three service academies, among others. The Montclair native camped at Ohio State over the weekend but didn't come away with an offer.
Robinson is listed as a three-star recruit per Rivals, Scout and 247Sports. He's listed as the 27th best 2015 recruit in New Jersey by Rivals.com.
A few months ago, Robinson competed in the Elite 11 quarterback recruit competition tour in Washington, D.C. Here's what he had to say about his experience.
You can follow Elijah on Twitter @e_rob08. Welcome to the Heights!
Boston College Football 2015 Recruiting Class
1. OT Anthony Palazzolo (Fairfield, Conn.) - 6-6, 302 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Pittsburgh
2. OG Chris Lindstrom (Dudley, Mass.) - 6-5, 240 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Old Dominion
3. DB Lukas Denis (Everett, Mass.) - 5-11, 170 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College, Holy Cross, Massachusetts
4. OT John Phillips (Syracuse, N.Y.) - 6-6, 245 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College
5. OT Aaron Monteiro (Brockton, Mass.) - 6-6, 308 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts
6. RB Jordan Gowins (Melville, N.Y.) - 6-0, 200 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College, Stony Brook, Toledo
7. TE Jake Burt (Lynnfield, Mass.) - 6-5, 230 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Virginia
8. ATH Ben Glines (Cincinnati, Ohio) - 6-1, 190 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Akron, Toledo, Western Michigan
9. OG Wyatt Knopfke (Sarasota, Fla.) - 6-2, 288 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Kentucky, Miami
10. RB Sharrieff Grice (West Hartford, Conn.) - 6-1, 200 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College, Albany, Fordham, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rutgers
11. DUAL Elijah Robinson (Montclair, N.J.) - 6-2, 185 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Air Force, Army, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Michigan State, Navy, Nebraska, Rutgers, Temple, Virginia