Boston College continues to roll as they received another verbal commitment, this time from Massachusetts tight end Chris Garrison:
Tight end Chris Garrison has committed to Boston College. @RealEagleAction— Justin Rowland (@RowlandRIVALS) June 21, 2014
The 3* Garrison is a local kid, hailing from Groton Massachuetts, and is attending school at Lawrence Academy. He is the #2 recruit in Massachusetts according to Rivals. This is a score for the coaching staff, as they seem to have re-established the fence around Massachusetts after losing two earlier local recruits to Northwestern.
Garrison has a pretty solid menu of offers including the Syracuse Orangemen, Maryland Terrapins, Iowa Hawkeyes, Duke Blue Devils and Connecticut Huskies. He also has offers from UMass and UNH. Garrison is a 6'4 215 lbs tight end, which given some time in the weight room should be a solid frame. He played mostly wide receiver in high school (based off the films I watched) and has solid hands which should make him more of a catching tight end than a blocking one. He also runs a 4.7 40 which should provide all sorts of matchup problems. Whatever the case, BC has major needs at this position and Garrison seems to be a good fit.
Boston College has had some other players that have attended Lawrence Academy, last year transfer WR Marcus Grant and former DL Max Ricci both graduated from LA in 2011. Mike Orloff, also from the same Lawrence Academy class ended up at UCLA but retired shortly after due to a knee injury.
Garrison is the 15th recruit in this class. I'd expect Addazio to go to 25 again this year with the the turnover on the roster, and again look to him to use his SEC magic to help find room if he wants to go over that number to get more dudes.
You can check out Chris's film below:
Welcome to the Heights Chris!
1. OT Anthony Palazzolo (Fairfield, Conn.) - 6-6, 302 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Pittsburgh
2. OG Chris Lindstrom (Dudley, Mass.) - 6-5, 240 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Old Dominion
3. DB Lukas Denis (Everett, Mass.) - 5-11, 170 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College, Holy Cross, Massachusetts
4. OT John Phillips (Syracuse, N.Y.) - 6-6, 245 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College
5. OT Aaron Monteiro (Brockton, Mass.) - 6-6, 308 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts
6. RB Jordan Gowins (Melville, N.Y.) - 6-0, 200 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College, Stony Brook, Toledo
7. TE Jake Burt (Lynnfield, Mass.) - 6-5, 230 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Virginia
8. ATH Ben Glines (Cincinnati, Ohio) - 6-1, 190 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Akron, Toledo, Western Michigan
9. OG Wyatt Knopfke (Sarasota, Fla.) - 6-2, 288 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Kentucky, Miami
10. RB Sharrieff Grice (West Hartford, Conn.) - 6-1, 200 lbs., **
Offers: Boston College, Albany, Fordham, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rutgers
11. DUAL Elijah Robinson (Montclair, N.J.) - 6-2, 185 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Air Force, Army, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Michigan State, Navy, Nebraska, Rutgers, Temple, Virginia
12. ATH William Harris (Wallingford, Conn.) - 6-2, 205 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Old Dominion, Syracuse
13. ATH Michael Walker (Naples, Fla.) - 5-11, 179 lbs., NR
Offers: Boston College, Arkansas State, Arizona, Florida International, Georgia Southern, Holy Cross
14. WR Chase Pankey (Cincinnati, Ohio) - 6-1, 191 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Ball State
15. TE Chris Garrison (Groton, Mass.) - 6-4, 215 lbs., ***
Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Syracuse