One year removed from a 3-9 season and Boston College will be competing in a bowl game this afternoon. On the other side of the field are the Maryland Terrapins, a former ACC foe, who ran a season eerily parallel to the Eagles. They beat the teams they should have been and got trounced by the B1G elite. The big question today, will all of the practices matter for the Eagles, and will this game look like an NC State/Wake game or a Clemson/Louisville/FSU.
Keys To Victory
- Calm Out With Energy: Boston College needs to move the ball effectively to start the game. Take some chances downfield, try and get some first downs, a simple run, run, pass, punt will not cut it.
- Play Smart Football: We know what we have in quarterback Patrick Towles, a very very inconsistent QB that can either be efficient or erratic. If bad Towles shows up, BC could be in for a long game, but if he can make some smart reads, and not panic quickly and run every time he feels pressure, BC could be in decent shape.
- Control The TOP: This was a key against Wake, and something that Addazio stresses as part of his game plan.
- Turn The Terps One Dimensional: If Maryland struggles to run, they are going to play right into BC’s hands. Maryland struggles to throw the ball, just like BC does, if the defense can lock down the run, the Terps will be in trouble.
- Please Addazio don’t do anything that will hurt the team. Yeahhhhh.
Beer of the Week
Raging Bitch Ale: Flying Dog Brewery. This summer I got to go to a wedding in the Bay area of Maryland (which is amazing), and tried a whole series of these beers. Other than the nightmare fuel labels, they are solid beers, and ones you can find both in Maryland and Boston.
Absolutely Necessary Rap Song Of The Week
Eminem & Trick Trick: Welcome to Detroit.
A game in Detroit? You know I had to pick a song featuring Eminem, who was born and raised in the 8 Mile District slums of the Motor City. Trick Trick, I don’t know him all that well, but he definitely shows up well in this one.
AJ’s Power of Positivity Thought Of The Week:
Tommy Sweeney. It has been years since Boston College has had a tight end that isn’t just a glorified 6th offensive linemen. Sweeney looks legit. Kid can catch the ball and is reasonable quick. Love to see a big game out of the big man today.
Pregame Food Of The Week-
Take that leftover Christmas ham, grab some french dough bread or rye, or whatever you got around the house, slab some cheese on that baby and throw it on the griddle or George Foreman. Boom, you got a great mid day sandwich for this one.
Fire up that BCI Prediction Machine (our fearless leader is going with the upset)
Grant (4.5): 24-6 BC (Grant, wins again with the closest score and clinches the series)
Coach JF (3): 24-20 BC
AJ (1.5): 20-17 BC
Arthur B (1): 21- 20 Maryland (BC loses on an XP in OT) (editors note: Shut up Bailin)
Jeff (1/2):27-10 BC
Eric H: 20-13 Maryland
Laura B: 24-17 Boston College
BC Superfan Thermometer: 6/10
I don’t like Maryland. I didn’t like them when they were here and nothing has changed that in the years since they left the ACC for “greener” pastures in the B1G. I am excited for the kids, they look like they have been having a blast this week, both learning about Detroit and giving back. Good luck today Boston College. Bring home win #7.
Like our scalding hot sports takes? Follow us on social media!