With BC’s first game in ACC play this year coming up against the Syracuse Orange, we look to the other side of the aisle, and talk with James Szuba, men’s basketball beat writer with our good friends at NunesMagician.com. Thanks to James for sitting down with us.
1. It seems that the Orange have had one or two hiccups this year during the out-of-conference slate. What happened?
Well first we lost to South Carolina and Wisconsin, which was acceptable at the time. Then came the UConn loss which started to raise some concern. Then came the Georgetown and St. John's losses which made us realize this team has some real issues. The defense hasn't been cohesive in the zone and the offense has been stagnant.
2. Tyler Lyndon and Andrew White III appear to be Syracuse’s best scorers. How have they been so effective?
Well Tyler Lydon has recently broken out of a minor slump but he can mix it up from all three levels on the floor. He's most effective when he's at the 4 or 5 on offense. AW3 has been consistent all year but hasn't knocked down a three in either of the last two games. He's a sharpshooter so the three will be his bread and butter, but he's trying to attack the tin more.
3. What is the fanbase’s expectations going into ACC play?
I think the sentiment is NIT at this point but I know there are people who still believe this team can make the tournament with a strong showing in the ACC. Hope dies last.
4. Syracuse beat BU on Dec. 10. This isn’t a question, more of a thank you.
5. What’s the best case scenario for this game for Syracuse, and the worst case scenario?
Best case scenario: Syracuse wins?
Worst case scenario: BC wins by 33 and the Syracuse season is officially over.
6. What is your prediction?
I think Syracuse wins by 10 in this one. God help us if I'm wrong:
Thanks to James for sitting down with us! Catch his coverage of Syracuse basketball at NunesMagician.com