Today Boston College Athletics released the full schedule for the 2021-22 BC Men’s Hockey team.
You can find the full schedule here. Some highlights include:
- The team will play in two in-season tournaments other than the Beanpot. In early October, they’ll play at the DCU Center in Worcester for an icebreaker against Quinnipiac and Holy Cross. And just before New Year’s, BC men’s hockey will play at Dartmouth’s Ledyard Classic up in Hanover, NH.
- Non-conference games (other than tournaments) include Bentley, Colorado College, Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, and Brown. Not a very challenging slate except for maybe Denver or Notre Dame, or possibly Harvard.
- The Battle of Comm Ave has a single game @ BU in its traditional December slot, but the home-and-home series against the Terriers will take place at the end of February.
- The second half of the schedule looks much more formidable than the first half. During the first semester, BC draws Hockey East bottom-dwellers UVM and Merrimack, along with other easier match-ups like Maine, UConn, Brown, Bentley, and Colorado College. It gets tougher in the second semester with big games against UMass, Providence, BU, and of course the Beanpot.
- What’s especially difficult is the stretch of games after the Beanpot, a time in which Boston College could potentially be in the hunt for an NCAA tournament bid. They’ll have to face a decent Northeastern squad, what’s expected to be a good BU team, and then end the season against defending national champs UMass. Quite a difficult stretch for a young team looking to get into the postseason.