It’s the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, and for the fourth time in five years, that means Boston College women’s lacrosse is appearing in the NCAA championship game. Once again they’ll be trying to break their duck and bring home the program’s first national title - and to do it they will have to overcome an in-conference powerhouse.
Boston College (17-3) vs. Syracuse (17-3): THE NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
- The Eagles and the Orange face off for the title today at 12 PM ET.
- The takes place at a sold-out Johnny Unitas Stadium on the campus of Towson University, in Towson, Maryland.
- You can watch the game live on ESPNU, or on the WatchESPN website/app - the direct link to the stream of the game is here. A cable or streaming service login with a package that gets the ESPN family of networks is required to view the stream; free trials of either FuboTV or Youtube TV are among your options if you need to sign up today.
- You can listen to the game broadcast for free online on Syracuse student radio, WJPZ; link here
- Syracuse has owned the all-time series against BC, leading 17-7, but the matchup has been much closer and more intense in recent years since BC emerged as a national powerhouse. BC and Syracuse played three times earlier this season, with Syracuse taking 2 games to 1 for BC.
- Statistically, BC has a slight edge on offense, scoring 16.80 goals per game (5th in the nation) to 15.40 goals per game for the Orange (14th).
- Draw controls are also a potential advantage for BC - they win theirs at a 60.5% clip, also 5th in the nation. Syracuse is 33rd in the country with a 54% win percentage on draw controls.
- Syracuse has the statistical edge defensively, with a 12th-ranked defense that has allowed 9.65 goals per game. BC is 40th nationally with an 11.40 goals against average, though they are coming off bottling up an outstanding UNC team.