The Women’s Lacrosse Final Four gets underway tomorrow, May 28, at 12 PM, when the Boston College Eagles take on #1 UNC on ESPNU. The Eagles will be pushing both for a significant upset, and for the continuation of their streak of national championship game appearances.
To help get ready for the game, here’s a roundup of previews and content:
- ICYMI, here at BC Interruption, we posted a Q&A with Noah Monroe, who covers UNC lacrosse for The Daily Tar Heel.
- The Daily Tar Heel interviewed UNC coach Jenny Levy and BC coach Acacia Walker-Weinstein to get their takes on the upcoming matchup
“We just have to work really hard and grind all week and find a way to be one, two percent better than we were the last time we played them and a little bit better than we were two days ago,” Walker-Weinstein said. “It’s going to take all eight of our defenders to have a chance, because it’s a tall task.”
- SB Nation’s College Crosse blog posted an analytical and in-depth preview of the game:
The one area of this game where Boston College has an advantage is the draw control circle. No one in the country wins more draw controls per game than Charlotte North, and Holly Schleicher is very effective when she spells North as well. They’re 2nd in the country in Adjusted Draw Control Percentage. North Carolina, because they’re good at everything, is 4th. But it is an advantage for the Eagles. The question is, how much of an advantage can they make that? In the first meeting, the Eagles won 56% of the draws, which while successful, was below their 62% for the year... But it wasn’t enough.
- College Crosse also posted a preview of the Syracuse-Northwestern game on the other side of the Final Four bracket, pegging Syracuse as a slight favorite despite Northwestern’s perfect Big Ten record.
- Charlotte North’s hometown paper, the Dallas Morning News, wrote a feature on her as she prepares to lead BC into the Final Four. (Paywall)
- The Heights took a look back and broke down clips of five of BC’s top plays during the Notre Dame game