Last Saturday’s loss to the Florida State Seminoles was terrible, there is no way to spin it otherwise. BC had the game in the bag, and blew it, losing what should have been a slam dunk win for the program, one that would continue their march towards a higher ranking. But they have to put FSU behind them, and look ahead to Syracuse, a team that is ranked in the Top 20 in the country, but a team that BC is somehow favored to win. Their quarterback Eric Dungey is questionable, and may not play, but they have Tommy Devitto, a freshman who could become a big deal in the ACC. This is a home game, a chance to honor the seniors, but also a chance to take Syracuse out of the comfort of the Carrier Dome, and into the elements. If BC is well prepared, if Anthony Brown and AJ Dillon continue to heal, this could be a game that BC wins, and one that could put a nice cap on the season and set them up for a solid Tier 1 ACC Bowl game.
Keys To Victory
- Get Offense Going Early: This is going to be a game that the Eagles can ill afford to start slow against. BC’s defense has stepped up big time the second half of the season, but they have been asked to do a lot. If BC runs their tempo offense, and go three and out over and over again Syracuse is going to tire out BC’s defense quick, think Wake Forest but much better and with better weapons. Sustain some drives, get some points and let the defense rest.
- Limit Big Plays: Like Clemson, Syracuse is a big play team, with some explosive players on the ground and in the air. BC needs to do with they did for most of the game against FSU, force Syracuse to march down the field, and try to force a mistake that ends the drive. Eric Dungey/Tommy Devitto are very good, but they are not Trevor Lawrence, if they can force an error or two, they should be in good shape.
- Stay Aggressive All Four Quarters: It’s hard to give Steve Addazio credit after the end of last week’s game, but looking back on this season, it is hard to argue that he has been more aggressive than in year’s past. While last week was a huge step back in terms of his growth, I hope he continues to to be aggressive, but maybe just maybe not turtle his philosophy when the game is on the line.
- Use Travis Levy, Ben Glines & David Bailey: Addazio and Loeffler need to figure out a way to get these guys into the gameplan more. It’s criminal that a not 100% AJ Dillon is made to run the ball 37 times in a game. Levy especially adds a whole other dimension to the offense, let him run the ball 7-10 times.
- Play Action: Anthony Brown is most effective when he can get the play action going, but for some reason BC’s gameplan drifts away from this. Get it going early and often, and especially use it on 1st down.
Beer of the Week: 21st Amendment- Blood Orange IPA
Blood Orange IPA: I’m not a huge fan of fruit in beer, but hey we are playing the Orange this week, and definitely this is one of the better fruit inspired IPAs I’ve tried. 21st Amendment’s other brews are also very good, and they have some of the best can art out there.
Absolutely Necessary Rap Song Of The Week
Notorious BIG- Juicy (The Cuse). One of the greatest MC’s of all time ,with one of the greatest pop hip hop songs of all time. Biggie is a NY guy too, so this choice just makes all the sense in the world.
AJ’s Power of Positivity Thought Of The Week
Again last week was bad, but let’s give it up for all the seniors who will be playing their last home game at Alumni Stadium. Thank you to Zach Allen, Wyatt Ray, Chris Lindstrom, Connor Strachan, Tommy Sweeney, Lukas Denis, Aaron Monteiro, Jon Baker, Elijah Robinson, Kevin Bletzer, Sam Schmal, Jeff Smith, Michael Walker, Colton Lichtenberg, Will Harris, John Fadule, Taj Amir Torres, Colton Cardinal and Ray Smith for giving all they had to the Eagls. This was one hell of a class.
Pregame Food Of The Week-
Leftover Turkey Sandwiches: Thanksgiving is over, and for many our fridges are filled with leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. Just take whatever you can find and throw that all on a piece of bread. Cover that bad boy and you have the perfect snack for the game.
Staff Predictions (Peter got a point as he had the biggest Clemson win, Coach just missed by a point)
|AJ Black (3)||Syracuse 31 BC 27||Just a tough matchup for the Eagles|
|ERIC (1)||No prediction|
|Toppin||Cuse 27 BC 21|
|Grant (1)||BC 31, Cuse 21|
|Arthur Bailin||No prediction|
|Laura||BC 24 Syracuse 21|
|CoachJF (1)||BC 31 Syracuse 24|
|Peter (1)||BC 24 Syracuse 21|
|Matt||BC 27 Syracuse 20|
Prediction Poll: What do you think will happen?
Boston College vs. Syracuse: What Are You Predicting?
This poll is closed
Syracuse by 14+
Syracuse by 7-13
Syracuse by 1-6
BC by 1-6
BC by 7-13
BC by 14+
WHAT ARE YOU PREDICTING?? LEAVE YOUR PREDICTIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW
BC Wins If: They can sustain drives, move the ball for four quarters and make a few stops on defense
BC Loses If: If Anthony Brown struggles, and the defense can’t get off the field.
Superfan Excitement Thermometer: 3/10.
Nervous, but if BC can pull this off it will be a nice win for the Eagles.
Plugs: Make sure to follow all of us on Twitter. The main site account is @BCInterruption, AJ Black is @BCHysteria, Eric Hoffses is @EJHoffses, Rich Rapp is @RichRapp, Patrick is @choppintoppin, and Grant is at @Salzano14. Follow us on Facebook for updates, and our new Instagram account is definitely a must follow as well.
Listen as AJ and Eric talk Steve Addazio, Anthony Brown and the future of the Eagles, and then yell at us in the comment section