Time to get the train rolling in the right direction as the Boston College Eagles look to rebound this week against the Florida State Seminoles at Doak Stadium in Tallahassee. There are a lot of questions going into this game. Will Anthony Brown play this weekend? How effective will AJ Dillon be? Will FSU turn it up in order to make a bowl game? The Eagles need to avoid a let down game, and if they play a complete game this could be the year the Eagles win in Tallahassee for the first time since 2008. FSU’s inept offensive line could be in for a long night against Zach Allen and Wyatt Ray, and if the Seminoles can’t bottle up BC’s offense, it could be a one sided battle. But who knows right?
Keys To Victory
- Punch FSU in the mouth early: One of the biggest knocks against Willie Taggart’s crew is that if you hit them early they have a tendency to turn down their intensity and fold quicker than a poker play holding a 3 and 5.
- Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers: The Seminoles are 115th in the country in giveaways, and BC are Top 10 in takeaways. That sounds like a great recipe for the Eagles. Get to Deondre Francois early, force him into a turnover early, and it could be a repeat of 2017 for the Eagles.
- Figure Out What You Want To Do On Offense: If it is Anthony Brown or if it is EJ Perry IV, it’s up to Scot Loeffler to put together a plan that showcases the strengths of the signal caller. If it’s Perry, may be a spread option game, and if it is Brown use the play action. If Dillon isn’t effective, don’t be hesitant to bring out Travis Levy or Ben Glines.
- Strong Play Up Front: One of FSU’s strengths has to be the defensive line that features Brian Burns, and Joshua Kaindoh could cause problems if Chris Lindstrom and Co. struggle like they did against Clemson.
- Finish Strong: BC has done a good job in the past (non Clemson) weeks of putting together excellent 3rd and 4th quarters. Keep doing that, and FSU will struggle.
Beer of the Week:
Sunday River Brewing- Black Bear Stout.
This beer has nothing to do with this game, I just had this beer last Sunday when I was up at Maine for a wedding and it was amazing and easily the best beer the brewery had. Smooth, and delicious, definitely a nice beer to warm you as the temperatures drop.
Absolutely Necessary Rap Song Of The Week
Gravediggaz: Group featuring RZA from the Wu Tang Clan, totally under rated. Horror rap, it’s definitely an album you might want to check out if you haven’t already. Time for BC to dig that grave for FSU this week and keep them out of a bowl for the first time in over 30 years.
AJ’s Power of Positivity Thought Of The Week
Here is a hot take for you, Zach Allen is the best defender Boston College has had since Luke Kuechly. Look I love Harold Landry, but he is a speed rusher (and a damn good one at that), while Allen is a complete defender who can cause problems all over the field. He can play inside and outside, and I predict a huge NFL career for the senior. Enjoy the next few games with him, he is just so much fun to watch.
Pregame Food Of The Week-
Calzones: Quick and easy and perfect for a mid afternoon game. You can’t go wrong with a calzone, especially if you find a good pizzeria who can put together a solid salami/ham calzone. My mother in law has the best calzones, filled with cheese and meats, it is an artery clogging delight but perfect for watching a college football game.
Staff Predictions (Peter got a point as he had the biggest Clemson win, Coach just missed by a point)
|AJ Black (3)||BC 28 FSU 13||Expecting a big day from Zach Allen and Wyatt Ray against a bad FSU OL|
|Toppin||BC 31 FSU 17||Let's knock these fools out of bowl contention.|
|Grant (1)||21-13 BC||This one will be kind of ugly!|
|Rich||BC 17 FSU 10||Never thought I'd view @FSU as a trap game before 'Cuse (in football anyway).|
|CoachJF (1)||BC 20 FSU 17||the defense shows up in a big way|
|Peter (1)||BC 21 FSU 10||Even without Anthony Brown, FSU is straight trash. No reason why we shouldn't win|
Prediction Poll: What do you think will happen?
What are you predicting for Saturday’s game between FSU and BC
This poll is closed
FSU by 14+
FSU by 7-13
FSU by 1-6
BC by 1-6
BC by 7-13
BC by 14+
WHAT ARE YOU PREDICTING?? LEAVE YOUR PREDICTIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW
BC Wins If: They control the trenches, on both sides of the ball. On the offensive side that would mean they have neutralized FSU’s biggest strength, on the defensive side that would equate to big plays on defense.
BC Loses If: They are feckless on offense. Doesn’t matter who the quarterback is, if BC can’t move the ball they aren’t beating FSU no matter how down that squad is.
Superfan Thermometer: 5/10.
Plugs: Make sure to follow all of us on Twitter. The main site account is @BCInterruption, AJ Black is @BCHysteria, Eric Hoffses is @EJHoffses, Rich Rapp is @RichRapp, Patrick is @choppintoppin, and Grant is at @Salzano14. Follow us on Facebook for updates, and our new Instagram account is definitely a must follow as well.