Boston College has been pasted two weeks in a row now, and it’s not going to get a whole lot easier for the floundering Eagles as the defending National Champion Clemson Tigers welcomes Steve Addazio’s troops to Death Valley. It’s hard to get up for this game as BC at the time of this writing is a whopping 35 point underdog, as Vegas bettors are expecting an epic butt whooping this weekend. But hey Clemson is a bucket list destination spot for any college football fan, so even if BC isn’t playing well at all, anyone heading down there can expect a great experience.
What does Clemson bring to the table? Well they have a quarterback in Kelly Bryant who Addazio has compared to Tyler Murphy. Given what fans saw last week against a mobile Brandon Wimbush, this probably will not end well for the Eagles. Clemson is dynamic on offense, even with DeShaun Watson and Mike Williams graduating, as they put together over 600 yards twice this season, once against Kent State to start the season, and again last week against the Louisville Cardinals. Again, if Boston College’s front doesn’t improve drastically, this game is going to get out of hand quickly.
On the defensive side of the ball, Clemson brings two of the best linemen in the country. Christian Wilkins, a Connecticut product, is an absolute force, and BC’s offensive line is going to need to play the game of the year if they are going to stop Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence who led the Tigers in sacks last year.
It’s depressing just even thinking of this game, so here are five comfort foods to get you out of the “blindly walking into a buzzsaw” funk.
5. Potato Chips: As you watch BC get called for their umpteenth unforced penalty, just gorge on potato chips. And just keep eating, and eating them as the game goes on. Trust me, it may help.
4. Ben And Jerry’s Ice Cream: If you are still watching this game, you clearly don’t care about your health, so why not just devour an entire pint of ice cream?
3. Homemade Macaroni and Cheese: mmmmmmmm this is creamy and delic——-WHY IS HAROLD LANDRY NOT IN THE GAME?.....oh right the macaroni and cheese.
2. Order in Pizza. Even if the game isn’t going well, you can enjoy this over the period of the game. Just don’t use it to wipe up tears, that would be gross.
1. Any sort of fried chicken.