You’ve waited patiently, baby birds, and your patience has been rewarded. Welcome to The Most Important Thing On The Internet — it’s time for the 5th annual BC Interruption GIF of the Year Tournament!
The 2015-2016 BC Athletics season was pretty rough, but we still managed to get 16 GIFs for last year’s bracket. This year was a bit better for BC sports, and as such this year’s bracket feels like it might be even better than last year’s. Your votes and your votes alone will determine which GIFs advance to the next round.
This is not a responsibility you should take lightly.
A few notes:
- The tournament will run Monday through Thursday each week until a champion is crowned, with each matchup dropping at 9am each morning.
- We will unveil one matchup per day.
- Voting will close 24 hours after the original post, which means that Thursday matchups will end at 9am on Friday even though there won't be another matchup until Monday.
- A word on stuffing the ballot: DBaD. Voting from more than one device is fine. Voting 1000x on one computer is not fine. You know who you are. Please heed this advice. It’s a problem every single year. I know this is The Most Important Thing On The Internet, but if your favorite GIF isn’t winning, suck it up and deal with it, snowflake.
- The matchups were set up randomly, FA Cup style with no seeding.
- Entrants were mostly taken from the Nominations post from last week, with others selected by our crack team of certified GIFologists (me). The only requirement for entry was that the GIF has to be at least tangentially related to BC.
- The voting criteria is literally anything you want it to be.
And that’s pretty much it. So without further ado, let’s get started with our first matchup of the year!
At the end of a comprehensive beatdown against Vermont, the Catamounts were getting a little too uppity for their own good. Joe Woll got into the action with a quality face wash of some idiot Catamount.
BC’s bowl win over Maryland featured a few surprises, not the least which was a passable — nay, thrilling! — offense. BC offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler had a couple tricks up his sleeve, including this trickery featuring a touchdown reception by the quarterback.
Which GIF will advance to the quarterfinals? Only you can decide! The vote begins now, and ends at 9am tomorrow morning.
Which GIF should advance to the quarterfinals?
This poll is closed
Woll’s Face Wash
Note that if you are viewing this article on Google AMP, the poll won’t show. You’ll need to click “options” at the top and click “view on source website.”