It’s hard to believe, the regular season finale is upon us. With the Eagles taking care of business last weekend against UConn at Fenway Park, there is one more opponent to prepare for. The Syracuse Orange, who have won 3 out of 4 games against the Eagles since joining the ACC, will be hosting BC on Saturday in a game that means a lot for BC and is still important for Syracuse who barring a miracle will not be heading to a bowl this season. There are some interesting injuries to note, as Syracuse could be without Eric Dungey (questionable) and running back Dontae Strickland for the game. Syracuse is coming into this matchup 4-7, but there always seems to be a special aura around the Carrier Dome, and BC brings the best out of their rivals. Could we see that again tomorrow?
Keys To Victory
- Unleash A.J. Dillon: Last week, UConn’s defense was bad, really bad. Syracuse’s defense is struggling at a similar clip right now, allowing over 800 yards on the ground the past two weeks. Let A.J run wild on them and keep the pressure off Wade.
- Take Fans Out Of The Game Early: The last thing BC needs is to get the home fan base whooping and going crazy after a few scores. Darius Wade and company need to jump out to an early lead and take the fans out of this one.
- Superb Corner Play: Dino Babers is all about his system, one that can make even the most pedestrian receiver look like Marvin Harrison. This year the two stud receivers are Ervin Phillips and Steve Ishmael, who have combined for 175 catches this season. Their abilities can put a lot of pressure on the secondary, and it will be up to Isaac Yiadom, Lukas Denis and company to not let those wide outs take over the game.
- Pressure The Inexperienced QB’s: If Eric Dungey doesn’t play, and all signs point to him missing this game, then BC needs to rattle whomever is filling in whether that is Rex Culpepper or Zack Mahoney. Neither guy has seen much success, and if they see Harold Landry, and Zach Allen bearing down on them, that could lead to some big plays for the Eagles.
- Control the Time Of Possession: Syracuse is going to try to do what BC does, which is play tempo. Only Baber’s tempo is like Daz’s but on steroids. Keep Syracuse’s offense off the field with sustained scoring drives, and don’t let them get in any rhythm.
My Non-IPA Beer of the Week:
Winter Lager: Let’s just go with something simple. Christmas season is here, and there is nothing that beats sitting by a fire, watching some football and enjoying a cool Winter Lager by Sam Adams. Certainly not the best beer in the world, but it still a solid choice.
Absolutely Necessary Rap Song Of The Week
Geto Boys: Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta. If you’ve seen Office Space, you know this song. It’s just got that really chill Southern vibe, and has that relaxed feeling I hope BC has going into this game.
AJ’s Power of Positivity Thought Of The Week:
Let’s talk about how much better the offensive line has played the second half of this season. Chris Lindstrom. Beast. Ben Petrula. Flawlessly has filled in. Aaron Monteiro. Major improvements. John Phillips. Fantastic play. Add in Jon Baker and THEY ARE ALL RETURNING NEXT YEAR.
Pregame Food Of The Week-
Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich: Take all of our leftovers and just pile it on some bread. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, top it off with some gravy and my god you have a beautiful monstrosity.
Prediction Thread: AJ ties Coach with a close prediction to win this week.
Coach JF (4): NO PREDICTION
AJ Black (4) 24-20 BC.
Matt O (2): 20-10 BC
Laura (1): NO PREDICTION
Arthur B (1): NO PREDICTION
Eric H (1): BC 35-24
Mike G (1): BC 34-14
Grant: BC 24-14
Patrick: 42-9 BC
Superfan Thermometer: 2/10
Time to put the finishing touches on Syracuse’s season by dealing them one more loss at home.
Like our scalding hot sports takes? Follow us on social media!