It’s back to the grind of the ACC schedule, as Boston College takes on the Louisville Cardinals at the Papa John’s $5 Large Pepperoni Pizza With Free Cheesy Breadsticks If You Carry Out Stadium. Let’s take a trip into the Way Back Machine and take a look at what happened last time Boston College faced Louisville....nevermind, let’s not do that. For a team that has struggled against mobile quarterbacks, this appears to be a matchup nightmare, but hey maybe it will all come together, and it will be beautiful. Or maybe not.
Keys To Victory
- Tackle Lamar Jackson: One of the biggest problems BC had last year was wrapping up the Heisman Winner. He seemed like he was covered in Crisco, as he slipped tackle after tackle getting to the second level and boom was gone. BC can’t do allow that to happen. Hit him, and get him down quickly, otherwise it’s going to get ugly quick.
- Longer Passes: This seems like a pipe dream at this point, but this has to be the key to getting points against the Cardinals. Louisville isn’t very good, 89th in the country in passing yards allowed, and 76th in passing plays that go 20 plus yards. Will Addazio take advantage of that advantage. I think we all know the answer to that.
- If Things Start Off Slow, Don’t Fall Back Into #RRPP: It’s a song as old as time, BC starts off the game with some quick successful plays, moves the sticks, then makes a mistake, the opponent capitalizes and they revert to run run pass punt. BC can’t do that. If things start off slow, keep trying, don’t just run Jon Hilliman into the teeth of the defense over and over again.
- Be Aggressive When You Should Be: BC isn’t going to win the game punting the ball from the Louisville side of the field, if it is 4th and manageable. Go for it. Every damn time.
- Keep Making Big Plays On Defense: BC needs to make big plays, interceptions, strip sacks, and to be fair they have been making them, but they are not capitalizing on them.
My Non-IPA Beer of the Week:
Ballast Point: Dead Ringer. Oktoberfest beers are great if they are done right, and Ballast Point does basically everything right so you aren’t going to get a bad beer here. Has that German flavor you want, and you can find it on draft all over the place right now. A perfect fall beer.
Absolutely Necessary Rap Song Of The Week
Method Man and Redman: Da Rockwilder: The Blackout Album by Red and Meth has to be one of the most under rated hip hop albums of all time. I picked this song, just because it’s fun, the word play is fantastic, and with this game coming up, don’t we all need a fun song here?
AJ’s Power of Positivity Thought Of The Week:
Louisville has already lost two ACC games this year! That is only one less than BC! This Cardinals team is no where near as talented as they were last year, even with Lamar Jackson returning. So yeah, go Eagles?
Pregame Food Of The Week-
Maple Glazed Bacon Donuts: Look if this game becomes anywhere near what last year’s savage beating entailed we need bad food, really greasy sweet bad food. Give me bacon. Give me donuts. Give me anything other than a Lamar Jackson touchdown run.
Special Edition of Our Predictions: This Week We Asked For The Score And Total Yards By Lamar Jackson
Coach had the closest score last week and jumps to a two game lead.
Coach JF (4): Louisville 38 BC 16 - Lamar Jackson - 390 yards
AJ Black (2): Louisville 44 BC 10 - Lamar Jackson 410 yards
Matt O (1): Louisville 49- BC 10 Lamar Jackson 550 yards
Grant: Louisville 45 BC 6 Lamar Jackson 814 yards
Arthur B: Louisville 55 BC 3 Lamar Jackson 500 yards.
Eric H: Louisville 35 BC 17 Lamar Jackson 490 yards
Michael Gualtieri: Louisville 24 BC 17. Lamar Jackson 335 yards.
Patrick T: 42-10 VT
BC Superfan Thermometer: 1/10
It’s hard to get excited about this one, given the struggles all year and our history against this quarterback. Pretty sure most of BC nation feels the same way.
Like our scalding hot sports takes? Follow us on social media!