With the release of today’s ACC schedule we now know what Boston College’s schedule will look like in 2017. For the first time in years I feel like it’s not a schedule worthy of gnashing teeth and complaining. It actually lays out quite nicely and here is why:
1. The Murderer’s Row Is Split Up: BC has at least one matchup in between Clemson, Louisville and Florida State, that should help them out long term and prevent them from getting beat up badly if things turn south.
2. The Schedule Lines Up Nicely For Anthony Brown/Darius Wade: One of these two QB’s will be getting the reigns in 2017 barring a transfer, which I doubt will happen. Starting the season off with NIU, Wake Forest, Notre Dame and Central Michigan 4 out of the first 5 weeks should give the new QB a bit of a learning curve. Unlike 2015 when Wade was sacrificed to FSU early in the season.
3. That End of The Season Schedule Is Sweet: Talk about a nice way to end the season, after the Louisville game Boston College gets Virginia, UConn, NC State, and Syracuse. Four VERY winnable games. Would be really nice for the program to end the season winning four out of five games (FSU is thrown in there as well).
4. Anyone other than FSU on Friday Night? I know it’s probably based on ESPN’s preferences but I’m kind of done having the Seminoles at night. This is the third season in a row that the Eagles will have the Seminoles at Night. Would be nice to have another team hit that slot.
5. FCS Free! We already knew this, but BC is going with no FCS schools this season. And you say that Brad Bates doesn’t listen to you. And to top it off David Teel announced that Boston College is the only school in the ACC that is FCS free this season. Victory!
6. Open Week Falls In A Great Spot: Later in the season, right when a team especially a more veteran team could use it. Let players heal, and get them ready for the stretch run.
7. Home/Away Lines Up Well: BC only has two road games in a row once during the season and that is Louisville and Virginia. Other than that, it basically rotates home and away all season. Win win there.