Here is the depth chart for the upcoming game against Georgia Tech in Dublin
- Addazio still hasn’t named a starting quarterback, something he did a lot of last year. I expect this may be some gamesmanship on part of the head coach. Why give Paul Johnson more information than he has to? Might as well leave a little doubt in Georgia Tech’s mind, even if most believe it will be Patrick Towles
- Great to see Jonathan Hilliman back in the starting lineup. Hopefully he will be able to handle a full game. Excited to see what he could give the Eagles.
- Jeff Smith is starting over Thadd Smith? Speaks a lot to the chemistry he has formed with Patrick Towles. And that sub 4.4 speed? Let’s see it on Saturday.
- Offensive line, no real big surprises other than Sam Schmal or Aaron Monteiro getting the start.
- Kevin Kavalec gets the start over Zach Allen. Looks like I was wrong about that pick, but honestly can’t go wrong with either.
- Ray Smith is going to get the start at the other tackle position. At nearly 300 pounds, can’t wait to see what the future of that position holds.
- Linebackers no big surprises, basically a similar group that got most of the playing time last year
- Gabe McClary continues to make a splash moving up to the starting role. It sounds like his good speed and large wingspan has made him the starter.
- Colton Lichtenberg, time to step up, you’re clearly the kicker going into this season. Some inconsistencies from beyond 40 this summer, and had very few opportunities in 2015.
- A bit surprised that Mike Knoll is starting over graduate transfer Satchel Ziffler at punter.
- Two running backs as kick/punt returners. Myles Willis isn’t really a surprise, as he has made big plays in the past, but Tyler Rouse has jumped up. Sounds like he has done a nice job this summer at that position. Just worry a little with BC’s lack of depth at that position, hopefully they both can stay healthy.