Twelve of the ninety-five players invited to the 2016 US Women's National Festival are current / former BC players. The festival is a training session that will be used to select two 22-player rosters for games against Canada. The festival will take place from August 8-14 in Lake Placid, NY. The pair of series against Canada will occur from August 17-21 in Calgary, Alberta.
The BC players invited to the festival are:
- Lexi Bender: Bender graduated from BC in 2016. The defender has signed to play for the Boston Pride in the NWHL in the fall.
- Grace Bizal: Bizal will be a sophomore at BC in the fall. A defender, she picked up 11 assists in 41 games last season.
- Katie Burt: Burt, an incoming junior, is BC's starting goalie. She had the best GAA in the 2014-15 U18 WJC.
- Alex Carpenter: One of the top women's players in her age group (if not THE top), Carpenter graduated from BC in 2016. The 2015 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award winner also won two gold medals with the women's World Championship team.
- Kali Flanagan: Flanagan will be a junior at BC in the fall. From her freshman to sophomore seasons she doubled her goal scoring and tripled her assists.
- Megan Keller: Keller is entering her third season at BC. As a sophomore, the defender scored 52 points, including 12 goals.
- Makenna Newkirk: Newkirk was a breakout freshman at BC last season. She scored 22 goals and recorded 20 assists. Newkirk scored 3 GWGs as a freshman.
- Emily Pfalzer: Pfalzer, who graduated from BC in 2015, was the first ever captain of the Buffalo Beauts in the NWHL. Like many players on this list, the standout defender has won two World Championship gold medals.
- Haley Skarupa: Skarupa graduated from BC last spring. The forward scored 79 points as a senior, and had a plus/minus rating of +56.
- Kelli Stack: A 2011 graduate of BC, Stack played for the Boston Blades after graduating. She joined the NWHL last season, playing for the Connecticut Whale. Stack has two olympic silver medals and a dog that she rescued during the Sochi olympics.
- Allie Thunstrom: Thunstrom graduated from BC in 2010 and has played for the Minnesota Whitecaps. Recently, Thunstrom has been pursuing speed skating.
- Dana Trivigno: Trivigno graduated from BC in 2016. She recorded 47 points and 58 penalty minutes as a senior. Trivigno played on the 2014-15 and 2015-16 USA World Championship teams.