This entire season has been draining as a fan, and tomorrow, a game against a local program most Boston College fans despise, but honestly I’m having a real hard time getting motivated for this one. This is a no win situation for the Eagles. They win and it’s “Yah we are going 5-7, probably bowl, and get to deal with Addazio for another season”, or if we lose.....yeah let’s not talk about that one.
Keys To Victory
- Get Rid Of The Ball Quickly: Towles is a decent quarterback if he gets rid of the ball quickly, the longer he holds onto it thought the more his skills erode. Use the short stuff against UConn.
- Short Leash For Towles: This was a key I had against FSU, and Addazio didn’t listen, leaving Towles out there way too long. If he isn’t feeling it, get him out immediately and put in Darius Wade.
- Control The TOP: I think all of us would like to see BC just drain the clock, and go with the Addazio patented “Shorten the game” philosophy. It’ll get the game over with quicker (but also increase the likelihood of victory).
- Force Turnovers: As bad as BC’s offense is, Yukon’s is equally as bad. Their defense is solid though, and BC is going to need good field position to score.
- Limit Mistakes: Every week I am going to keep saying this, because it’s the only way BC is going to win. This key is for players and coaches.
Beer of the Week
Busch Light, for those of you who are going to need a lot of beer to get through this game, and you hate yourself, here is Busch Light. It’s a garbage beer, for playing against a garbage team. The perfect beer for self loathing.
Absolutely Necessary Rap Song Of The Week
Method Man is the best. Whether you followed him with the Wu Tang Clan, or enjoyed him on The Wire, he’s a very recognizable name in hip hop. This game is going to be all about the pain. Bring it.
AJ’s Power of Positivity Thought Of The Week:
Matt Ryan is coming back this week. Weeeeeeeee. I’m really excited that he is getting his jersey retired, because he represents everything that was good in Boston College athletics. Now let’s not compare him to anything going on right now. No. Don’t do it. You’ll just get sad.
Pregame Food Of The Week-
Clam Chowder: This is a tricky one. Clam Chowder is a sneaky good tailgating food, but you have to be careful with all of your other food intake. If you eat too much chowder, or drink too much beer, well, good luck to you. If you are going to eat Clam Chowder, none of that other region BS, it has to be New England. Bread bowl also is great if you can find enough for your group.
Fire up that BCI Prediction Machine (our fearless leader is going with the upset)
Coach JF (3): No prediction
Grant (2.5): 27-10 BC (Grant and AJ split last week’s point as both were within 3 points of the final score)
AJ (1.5): 20-17 BC
Arthur B (1): 20-19 UConn
Jeff (1/2): No prediction
Joe (1/2): 6-3 BC
Eric H: 6-5 BC
Laura B: 17-10 BC (I’ve heard that UConn has a very, very good team, but I’m sticking with BC)
BC Superfan Thermometer: 1/10.
Look at that face, are you excited about playing them? I’m not. I can’t wait for this week to just be over so we can not speak about UConn football again until....next year?? Crap.
Like our scalding hot sports takes? Follow us on social media!