Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the most important thing on the internet: the 4th Annual BCI GIF of the Year Tournament!
Last year we had a 32 GIF bonanza to work through, which lasted two months and had a few GIFs that, frankly, felt like filler. That, plus the uhhh rough year BC athletics had, means that we're back to doing a much more manageable 16 GIF bracket.
A few notes:
- The tournament will run Monday through Thursday each week until a champion is crowned, with each matchup dropping at 9am each morning.
- We will unveil one matchup per day.
- Voting will close 24 hours after the original post, which means that Thursday matchups will end at 9am on Friday even though there won't be another matchup until Monday.
- A word on stuffing the ballot: DBaD. Voting from more than one device is fine. Voting 1000x on one computer is not fine. You know who you are.
- The matchups were set up randomly; FA Cup style with no seeding.
- Entrants were mostly taken from the Nominations post from last week, with a few others added. The only requirement is that the GIF has to be at least tangentially related to BC.
- The voting criteria is literally anything you want it to be.
And that's pretty much it. So let's get this party started with our first matchup of the tournament.
The kind of goal you'll probably never see again.
OH NO HE DIDN'T! That's #26 once again with the same wild goal penalty shot goal, but this time, against BU.
It's Cangelosi vs. Cangelosi in our first matchup! Who you got?