- For the Rangers, Kreider scored 3 goals, all of which were scored within the first or last 2 minutes of a period. He also registered 6 hits on both May 4th and May 8th and 7 hits on May 6th. Kevin Hayes had some great scoring chances this week, but wasn't able to come up with a goal.
Kreider's first goal came on May 8, tying the game with 1:41 left and keeping the Rangers alive (on fellow Ranger/BC alum Kevin Hayes's birthday).
Kreider's second goal was scored 40 seconds into the Rangers' Game 6 win.
Kreider's third and final goal of the week was scored with .3 seconds left in the 1st period of Game 6. He is the first player in New York Rangers history to score in the first and last minute of the same period in a playoff game.
- Johnny Gaudreau also had an offensively productive week, scoring 2 goals and picking up one awesome assist. Unfortunately, Gaudreau's Flames were eliminated from the playoffs on May 10.
Gaudreau's first goal of the week was scored on May 5 with 19.5 seconds left in the game. This tied the game and sent the Flames into overtime, where they would get their only win of the series.
On May 8, Calgary scored a goal thanks to Gaudreau's skills. He didn't get the last touch, so he was awarded an assist, but this goal was all him.
Gaudreau also scored in Calgary's final game of the season on May 10. His 4 goals and 5 assists in Calgary's 11 playoff games made him their leading scorer in the postseason. We might be biased, but we think he deserves to win the Calder Trophy.
- Brian Boyle and the Tampa Bay Lightning look to stop a Montreal comeback as they head back to Tampa for Game 6. Boyle continues to pick up a handful of hits every game.
- Brooks Orpik and the Washington Capitals are fighting to gain back their momentum against the Rangers. Orpik had 6 hits in the May 6th game and 9 hits in the May 10th game. As usual, he was on the ice for over 20 minutes in each game this week.
- Brian Dumoulin is the only BC alum in the AHL whose team is still active. He picked up a few shots in the AHL Penguins' 3 games last week, and had a good defensive presence in their Game 3 win.