The opening Vegas lines are out for most of the bowl games with oddsmakers expecting a close game between Boston College and Penn State. The Wynn Las Vegas has installed the Eagles as an early 3-point favorite against Penn State in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl (December 27, 4:30 p.m.).
Penn State owns a 19-4 edge in the all-time series, though Boston College has won the last three contests in 1992, 2003 and 2004.
Honestly, I expected BC to be a slightly bigger favorite, though the early line seems to suggest BC will face a motivated Penn State team (playing in the program's first bowl game since its NCAA postseason ban was lifted) rocking what is statistically the top defense in the nation.
Of note, Boston College, North Carolina and Pittsburgh are the only two early favorites in their bowl game from the ACC. (No line yet on the Clemson-Oklahoma Russell Athletic Bowl). Could be a long postseason for the much maligned conference.
– Quick Lane (12/26): North Carolina (-4) vs. Rutgers
– BITCOIN (12/26): N.C. State (+2.5) vs. Central Florida
– Military (12/27): Virginia Tech (+3.5) vs. Cincinnati
– Sun (12/27): Duke (+8.5) vs. Arizona State
– Independence (12/27): Miami (+1.5) vs. South Carolina
– Music City (12/30): Notre Dame (+8.5) vs. LSU
– Belk (12/30): Louisville (+7) vs. Georgia
– Orange (12/31): Georgia Tech (+7) vs. Mississippi State
– Rose (1/1): Florida State (+9) vs. Oregon
– Armed Forces (1/2): Pittsburgh (-3) vs. Houston