Over the weekend, the Boston College sailing team placed tenth in the ICSA/APS Team Race National Championships in St. Petersburg, Florida. On Sunday, Boston College had finished in a three-way tie with Navy and Hobart and William Smith Colleges for eighth and the three teams had to compete in a sail-off to determine who would advance to the top eight. Navy won both sail-offs, ending the Eagles' chances at another sailing title.
Yale took home the title, while St. Mary's placed second. Brown, Georgetown and College of Charleston rounded out the top five.
APS Team Race Championship final standings:
1. Yale University Bulldogs -- 18-5
2. St. Mary's College of Maryland Seahawks -- 16-7
3. Brown University Bears -- 14-9
4. Georgetown University Hoyas -- 14-9
5. College of Charleston Cougars -- 13-7
6. Stanford University Cardinal -- 12-8
7. Roger Williams University Hawks -- 11-9
8. U. S. Naval Academy Midshipmen -- 9-11
9. Hobart and William Smith Colleges Statesmen -- 6-7
10. Boston College Eagles -- 6-7
11. University of Hawaii Rainbows -- 2-11
11. University of Wisconsin Badgers -- 2-11
13. University of Washington Huskies -- 2-11
14. Texas A&M University at Galveston Aggies -- 0-13
The coed sailing season wraps up with the 2013 season with the ICSA Gill Coed National Championships starting today through May 30. The Eagles are one of 17 programs competing for the Coed title and are seeking their third co-ed title (2010, 2011).
Go Sailing Eags!