Congratulations to Boston College track's Caroline King, who earned All-American honors for the third time with an eighth place finish in the 800-meter run at the 2012 Outdoor Track & Field NCAA Championship meet on Friday. King finished the half-mile in 2:05.77.
King took command on the break, but was overtaken by the eventual champion Nachelle Mackie of BYU (2:01.06) and Tennessee's Chanelle Price (2:01.49), who took third. The Eagle held firm in third into the bell lap, but the field collapsed around her on the final backstretch. King fought to the line, completing the race in eighth.
NCAA 800m Final Results
1. Nachelle Mackie (Jr., BYU) - 2:01.06
2. Charlene Lipsey (Jr., LSU) - 2:01.40
3. Chanelle Price (Sr., Tennessee) - 2:01.49
4. Laura Roesler (So., Oregon) - 2:02.96
5. Anne Kesselring (Jr., Oregon) - 2:03.41
6. Kathy Klump (Sr., Cincinnati) - 2:03.56
7. Megan Malasarte (So., Georgia) - 2:03.57
8. Caroline King (Sr., Boston College) - 2:05.77
King is one of 10 Eagles to earn Outdoor Track & Field All-American honors in school history, finishing her career as the school record holder for the indoor 1,000-meter run, mile, distance medley relay, outdoor 800-meter spring, 4x800-meter relay, 4x1500-meter relay and distance medley relay.