Saturday is Senior Day on the Heights, as the Boston College Eagles host the Virginia Tech Hokies. Unfortunately, this may go down as the saddest Senior Day in Boston College football history as I'm not sure how many of these guys are going to hit the field.
Will Likely See The Field (7 -- 4 offense, 1 defense, 2 specialists)
- OT Emmett Cleary -- starting left tackle
- WR Donte Elliott -- backup WR behind Amidon, has four receptions for 51 yards this season
- LS Sean Flaherty -- actually will likely see the field quite a bit on Saturday (on punts, that is)
- P Gerald Levano -- offensive MVP
- DT Bryan Murray -- thrust into action following significant attrition on the defensive line, starting at right tackle
- TE Chris Pantale -- starting at tight end after missing several games with a broken foot
- OT John Wetzel -- starting at right tackle
Questionable (4 -- 3 defense, 1 offense)
- LB Nick Clancy -- suffered a concussion in the loss to Notre Dame and is not listed on this week's two-deep
- WR Colin Larmond, Jr. -- suspended for an undisclosed violation of team rules following the loss to Florida State but, hey look! he's back on the two-deep behind Spiffy this week!
- DT Kaleb Ramsey -- questionable for the Virginia Tech game with a leg injury, left off the two-deep
- DB Jim Noel -- listed behind sophomore Spenser Rositano at SS. Started the season as captain, but struggled and good ole Spaz sat him in favor of a sophomore.
Doubtful (4 -- 4 offense)
- RB Mike Javorski - Everyone's favorite Spring game running back, Javorski will finish his BC career never seeing the field in a game.
- WR Joe LaCorte - Yeah. Not playing.
- QB Mike Marscovetra - Actually got some playing time two years ago when BC had no idea what to do at QB1. Will always be remembered as the BC QB during the early Spaz era that came in when games got out of hand.
- QB Dave Shinskie- Uncle Dave played a season and a half and amassed a career of 2620 yards and a perfect 20/20 TD/INT ratio. Rumored that he may come back next season and call this year a redshirt year since he never saw the field. Call me old fashioned but I hope he plays, especially if BC is out of it.
It's a small group, who have been through a lot. It's too bad they won't be around to see the new regime turn this program around, and for their hard work and never quit attitude, they deserve a standing ovation and a loud cheer from all BC fans on Saturday.