Boston College Eagles (14-14, 5-9 ACC)
Time: 9:00 EST
Date: Wednesday, Mar. 3, 2010
Place: Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Ma.
The Line: No line
Last Time Out: Georgia Tech defeated BC 73-68 as the Eagles fell to 14-14, 5-9 ACC.
Series: Virginia leads the all-time series 6-3.
Last Meeting: Boston College 76, Virginia 63 (ACC Tournament at the Georgia Dome) (Mar. 12, 2009)
Last Meeting at Conte Forum: Virginia 79, Boston College 74 (Feb. 17, 2008)
Trends: After starting the season 5-2 in conference, Virginia has lost 7 straight ACC games (4 of those 7 have come on the road). BC is just 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Virginia's 2008-2009 Record: 10-18 (4-12 ACC)
- G - Sylven Landesberg (So.) - 6'6", 207 lbs., Flushing, N.Y. - 17.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG
- G - Calvin Baker (Sr.) - 6'2", 190 lbs., Newport News, Va. - 3.2 PPG, 1.3 RPG
- G - Sammy Zeglinski (So.) - 6'0", 180 lbs., Philadelphia, Pa. - 8.9 PPG, 3.8 RPG
- F - Mike Scott (Jr.) - 6'8", 239 lbs., Chesapeake, Va. - 12.3 PPG, 7.0 RPG
- F/C - Jerome Meyinsse (Sr.) - 6'9", 233 lbs., Baton Rouge, La. - 5.7 PPG, 4.1 RPG
It's senior night on the Heights as we honor the career of Tyler Roche. The Eagles need a win to secure a spot in the #8 vs. #9 game the ACC Tournament. The game is a 9 PM tip over BC's Spring Break, so attendance will probably be very light. I know this season has been very frustrating (to say the least), but If you get the opportunity to attend tonight's game, please do.
Similarly, Virginia can earn the #8 seed with a win tonight on the road. For Virginia, their leading scorer and playmaker Sylven Landesberg will be a game-time decision. Landesberg was sidelined for Virginia's home game against Duke on Sunday with a bruised thigh.
Leave your pre-, in- or post-game thoughts below.