Time: 2:00 EST
Date: Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010
Place: Silvio O. Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Ma.
The Line: Boston College +8.5
Last Time Out: Boston College lost to Florida State 61-57 to fall to 12-10 (3-5 ACC) on the season.
Series: Duke leads the all-time series 11-2.
Last Meeting: Duke 79, Boston College 59 (Jan. 13, 2010)
Last Meeting at Conte Forum: Boston College 80, Duke 74 (Feb. 15, 2009)
Trends: Duke is a mere 1-4 in road games this season, while BC is 8-5 at home. BC has lost 5 of its last 7 games.
Duke's 2008-2009 Record: 28-6 (11-5 ACC), Regional Semifinal NCAA Tournament loss to Villanova
- G - Jon Scheyer (Sr.) - 6'5", 190 lbs., Northbrook, Il. - 18.8 PPG, 3.4 RPG
- G - Nolan Smith (Jr.) - 6'2", 185 lbs., Upper Marlboro, Md. - 18.0 PPG, 2.6 RPG
- F - Kyle Singler (Jr.) - 6'8", 230 lbs., Medford, Or. - 16.8 PPG, 7.1 RPG
- F - Lance Thomas (Sr.) - 6'8", 225 lbs., Scotch Plains, N.J. - 5.9 PPG, 4.9 RPG
- F - Miles Plumlee (So.) - 6'10", 240 lbs., Warsaw, In. - 6.8 PPG, 5.9 RPG
The 9th ranked Duke Blue Devils look to put a stop to their road woes as they face our Boston College Eagles today. Duke is just 1-4 in road games this season, with their one win coming at Clemson back on January 23. BC is coming off a 61-57 loss to Florida State, a game in which they went to the free throw line 4 times (a school record low).
The last time out against Duke, BC was held to 43 percent shooting from the floor, including 1 for 10 shooting from 3. Rakim Sanders was held to 3 points on 1 of 8 shooting, while Joe Trapani was held to eight points. No starter finished in double figures. Reggie Jackson (20 points, 3 rebounds) provided the only spark for BC off the bench. The Eagles are clearly playing better basketball than they were back on January 13, but will it be enough to get them past the Blue Devils?
Leave your pre-, in- or post-game thoughts below.