Virginia Tech Hokies (21-5, 8-4 ACC) at Boston College Eagles (13-13, 4-8 ACC)
Time: 7:00 EST
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010
Place: Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Ma.
Opponent's Site: Gobbler Country
The Line: Boston College 0
Last Time Out: The Eagles defeated North Carolina 71-67 to move to 13-13 (4-8 ACC) on the year.
Series: BC leads the all-time series 10-7.
Last Meeting: Virginia Tech 63, Boston College 62 (Jan. 23, 2010)
Last Meeting at Conte Forum: Boston College 67, Virginia Tech 66 (Jan. 31, 2009)
Trends: While Virginia Tech is 14-0 at home this season, they are only 5-4 on the road. VT had their five game winning streak snapped on Saturday, losing to Duke 67-55. After starting out 9-2 all-time against Virginia Tech, BC has lost 5 of their last 6 games against the Hokies.
Virginia Tech's 2008-2009 Record: 19-15 (7-9 ACC), second round NIT loss
- G - Dorenzo Hudson (Jr.) - 6'5", 220 lbs., Charlotte, N.C. - 14.0 PPG, 3.6 RPG
- G - Malcolm Delaney (Jr.) - 6'3", 170 lbs., Baltimore, Md. - 20.2 PPG, 3.8 RPG
- G/F - Terrell Bell (Jr.) - 6'6", 205 lbs., Stone Mountain, Ga. - 5.8 PPG, 6.0 RPG
- F - Victor Davila (So.) - 6'8", 245 lbs., Canovanas, Puerto Rico - 5.7 PPG, 4.6 RPG
- F - Jeff Allen (Jr.) - 6'7", 230 lbs., Washington, D.C. - 11.3 PPG, 7.0 RPG
Can the Eagles keep things rolling with a second straight victory tonight against the Hokies? Will Reggie Jackson continue his strong second half? Is Virginia Tech walking into a trap game before their big Saturday showdown with Maryland? Can anyone stop Malcolm Delaney? Why is this game preview a string of seemingly endless, rhetorical questions?
Leave your pre-, in- or post-game thoughts below.