Boston College Eagles (11-9, 2-4 ACC)
Time: 7:00 EST
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2010
Place: Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Ma.
The Line: Boston College +3.5
Last Time Out: Boston College lost to Virginia Tech 63-62 to move to 11-9 (2-4 ACC) on the season.
Series: Clemson leads the all-time series 8-3.
Last Meeting: Clemson 72, Boston College 56 (Jan. 9, 2010)
Last Meeting at Conte Forum: Clemson 87, Boston College 77 (Feb. 10, 2009)
Trends: BC went into the first game against Clemson winners of 4 of their last 5. BC goes into their second matchup with CU losers of 4 of their last 5. Clemson is coming off back-to-back ACC losses to Georgia Tech and Duke. BC is 3-1 against Clemson all-time at Conte Forum.
Clemson's 2008-2009 Record: 23-9 (9-7 ACC), first round NCAA Tournament loss to Michigan
- G - Tanner Smith (So.) - 6'5", 220 lbs., Alpharetta, Ga. - 10.3 PPG, 4.1 RPG
- G - Andre Young (So.) - 5'9", 170 lbs., Albany, Ga. - 8.0 PPG, 2.2 RPG
- F - David Potter (Sr.) - 6'6", 215 lbs., Severn, Md. - 7.8 PPG, 2.8 RPG
- F - Trevor Booker (Sr.) - 6'7", 240 lbs., Whitmire, S.C. - 14.5 PPG, 8.7 RPG
- C - Jerai Grant (Jr.) - 6'8", 220 lbs., Bowie, Md. - 5.9 PPG, 3.8 RPG
The Eagles return home after a two game ACC road trip that included a win over Miami and a last second loss to Virginia Tech. BC begins a crucial three game homestand as they host Clemson (tonight), Florida State (Saturday) and Duke (Saturday, Feb 6).
The Tigers thumped BC the first time around, winning 72-56 at Littlejohn Coliseum back on January 9. This time around, Clemson will be without the services of starting junior guard Demontez Stitt who suffered a mid-foot sprain in Clemson's January 16 game against NC State. Sophomore Andre Young will replace Stitt, making his first collegiate start.
Leave your pre-, in- or post-game thoughts below.