Bryant Bulldogs (0-10, 0-2 NEC) at Boston College Eagles (6-4, 1-0 ACC)
Time: 4:00 EST
Date: Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009
Place: Silvio O. Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Ma.
The Line: No line
Last Time Out: Boston College lost to Rhode Island 80-69 to move to 6-4 on the season.
Series: Boston College leads the all-time series 1-0.
Last Meeting at BC: Boston College 80, Bryant 61 (Dec. 10, 2008)
Bryant's 2008-2009 Record: 8-21
- G - Michael Chroney (Jr.) - 6'2", 190 lbs., Nashau, N.H. - 2.9 PPG, 2.9 RPG
- G - Raphael Jordan (Fr.) - 6'1", 180 lbs., Bel Air, Md. - 8.3 PPG, 2.8 RPG
- G - Chris Birrell (Sr.) - 6'2", 185 lbs., Scituate, R.I. - 5.9 PPG, 2.4 RPG
- G/F - Barry Latham (Jr.) - 6'4", 185 lbs., Taunton, Ma. - 6.3 PPG, 4.3 RPG
- F/C - Nick Pontes (Sr.) - 6'6", 240 lbs., New Bedford, Ma. - 5.4 PPG, 2.8 RPG
The Eagles need a game to turn things around and fast. So BC will certainly welcome the winless Bryant Bulldogs to Conte Forum today. Bryant is an upstart Division I basketball team from Smithfield, Rhode Island. The Bulldogs are led by former Boston College player (1980-1984) and assistant coach Tim O'Shea. In Bryant's first full season as a Division I team, they went 8-24. Now a member of the Northeast Conference, Bryant is winless in its first ten games (including two losses in the NEC). Bryant is averaging only 54.7 points per game, good for 342nd nationally (out of 347 teams in Division I).
As always, leave your pre-, in- or post-game thoughts below. Go Eagles!