No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The BC INTERRUPTION 2012 College Football Pick ‘Em Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Vox Media, Inc., Rocky Top Publishing, LLC d/b/a Gameday Depot, or other companies associated with the Contest, as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, and (b) any Manager, Editor, Blogger, or Moderator of a Vox Media, Inc. web property, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 1740 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036, and Rocky Top Publishing, LLC d/b/a Gameday Depot (collectively hereinafter referred to as the "Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 8:00 a.m. ET on August 28, 2012 and ends at 8:00 p.m. ET on November 29, 2012. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: Sponsor will be using a Pick ‘Em Provider Site to administer the contest on a weekly basis, throughout the college football regular, pre-bowl, season. Visit http://www.funofficepools.com/ and enter your picks on that site for each week that you desire to enter. In addition to these Official Rules you are subject to the official rules and regulations on the Pick ‘Em Provider website. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address per week across all of Sponsor's Pick ‘Em Contests on the SB Nation network for the 2012 college football regular, pre-bowl, season. Multiple entries in a single pool or entries in multiple pools will result in ineligibility for all prizes in all pools.
6. Selection of Winners: Potential winners will be selected through Sponsor's selected Pick ‘Em Provider website. The entrant with the most points at the end of each week's games wins that week's weekly prize. The entrant with the most cumulative points over the course of the entire season at the conclusion of the regular college football, pre-bowl, season wins the grand prize ("Grand Prize"). In the event of a tie, the potential winner will be chosen according to the tie-breaking procedure utilized by the Pick ‘Em Provider website, and if a tie remains, a random number generator will be utilized to choose the potential winner. The odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant. If you have won any other contests presented by Sponsor within the past thirty (30) days you are ineligible to win and will be automatically disqualified with an alternate potential winner selected in your place. Notwithstanding the immediately preceding sentence, winning a weekly contest in the thirty (30) days prior to the awarding of the Grand Prize at the end of the season will not preclude an entrant from also winning the Grand Prize.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within three (3) business days of the date of selection. Winners must provide their real name, city and state of residence to be eligible for prize(s). If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only two (2) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria.
8. Prize(s): Each weekly winner will receive one (1) gift certificate from Gameday Depot with an approximate retail value of ten USD ($10 USD), nine CAD ($9 CAD) via coupon code by email. The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) gift certificate from Gameday Depot with an approximate retail value of fifty USD ($50 USD), forty-nine CAD ($49
CAD) via coupon code by email. Gift certificates will be to either (a) Gameday Depot's custom store at custom.gamedaydepot.com or (b) Gameday Depot's licensed store at www.gamedaydepot.com. The store will be at Gameday Depot's sole and absolute discretion and asking for your preference does not obligate Gameday Depot to honor that preference. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. . A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) according to the procedures set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.