USC Coach Lane Kiffin was far less vague this week about his quarterback situation, as he quickly named sophomore Cody Kessler as his starting quarterback. Kessler, who started last week against Washington State, beat out Max Wittek for the starting job.
Neither quarterback has shown much so far this year, with Kessler showing slightly better statistics. Through two games Kessler has gone 18-32 for 136 yards. In his first outing against Hawaii he was more efficient going 10-19 for 95 yards, a touchdown and an interception. Last week against the Cougars, he struggled mightily going 8-13 for 41 yards and an interception. Lane Kiffin's other option, Max Wittek has gone 8-18 for 90 yards. Pretty amazing statistics when you take into account USC has one of the best wide receivers in nation in Marqise Lee.
Kiffin would not discuss his decision with the media, instead releasing a YouTube video with his rationale.
The Eagles take on USC on Saturday at 3pm on the PAC-12 Network.
More from BC Interruption:
- Boston College Football: Andre Williams, Bryce Jones Named ACC Football Players Of The Week
- Boston College Football's Gameday Experience Continues Growth
- Boston College Daily Links: First Loss for Field Hockey
- Boston College Vs. USC: Eagles Open As A 15-Point Road Underdog
- College Football USA Today Coaches Poll, Week 3: USC Out, Canes Rising, Boston College Receives A Vote?