Congratulations to Boston College senior linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis, named to the 2013 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Preseason Watch List according to an announcement by the Football Writers Association of American and the Charlotte Touchdown Club. Pierre-Louis is one of 27 linebackers and 81 defensive players on this year's preseason watch list.
The Bronko Nagurski Trophy is presented to the national defensive player of the year. Boston College's own Luke Kuechly was awarded the Nagurski following his 2011 junior season.
This is the second straight season that Pierre-Louis has been named to the watch list.
The 6-foot-1, 215-pound backer from Norwalk, Connecticut has started 31 games in three seasons for the Eagles, registering 252 career tackles, 145 solo and 14 tackles for loss. KPL finished second on the team in tackles -- behind Kuechly, obvi -- in both his freshman (93) and sophomore (74) seasons and finished fourth on the team in tackles (85) in just nine games last season.
The FWAA and the Charlotte Touchdown Club will announce five finalists for the 2013 Bronko Nagurski Trophy on November 21. Congratulations, KPL.
More from BC Interruption:
- ACC Announces Student-Athletes Attending the 2013 ACC Football Kickoff
- Boston College Daily Links: Experience Moving From Big East To ACC Familiar To Boston College
- Boston College Football's Nate Freese Named To 2013 Lou Groza Award Watch List
- Boston College Football Picked To Finish Sixth In ACC Atlantic Division By SB Nation
- Boston College Daily Links: ACC's Biggest Recruiting Surprise