In our new weekly series BC Interruption will scour the papers, internet and Twitter to bring you all the recruiting updates for the BC Eagles football team. If you find news or something we don't know, please email us -- BChysteria at gmail dot com -- and let us know!
- The Eagles offered two Class of 2013 recruits out of Cincinnati this week. Cornerback Jaleel Hytyche from LaSalle and wide receiver Trey Kilgore out of St. Xavier. As Eagle in Atlanta put it earlier, it is exciting to see that BC has built a pipeline into the Catholic institutions in Cincy, but neither of these recruits have any FBS offers. It's early in the recruiting process, shouldn't BC be aiming higher in terms of the athletes they recruit? Just a thought.
- In the DC area Boston College offered scholarships to two more recruits. Rachid Ibrahim an all purpose running back and cornerback Jacquille Veii both from The Avalon School were both offered by BC. Ibrahim holds offers from Ohio and East Carolina, while Veii has been contacted by Virginia and Virginia Tech.
- Even with the soft verbal from Andrew Isaacs the Eagles continue to do their homework on other 2013 tight ends. As Isaacs continues to look around, BC has reached out to Greg Hart from Archibishop Alter in Ohio. Just call it a hunch, but I don't have a good feeling about Isaacs, it's only a matter of time before a big school comes a-courtin' and he rethinks his decision
- BC lost out on a quarterback target when Damion Terry verballed to Michigan State. The 4 star recruit had an offer from BC, Illinois and Duke. Terry is probably not the prize QB Spaz is looking for, as BC continues to press for Hayden Rettig.
- Virginia Athlete Brandon Ravenel recently received an offer from BC as well. The 6'0 Stafford junior plays a variety of positions including wide receiver. Ravenel also received offers from James Madison and Temple
- Everett offensive lineman John Montelus seemed pretty happy with his visit to Florida.