Happy Parade day everyone! Today is a big day for Boston College hockey, a day when we can all celebrate all the mind blowing moments that the team achieved during this season. At 5:30 today the team will be holding a parade on campus, which culminates in speeches and presentations at O'Neill Plaza. Special guests, and past champions will be there as well, which makes you wonder who could be there?
Timing kind of stinks for anyone who works an 8-5, but I am getting out of work early so I will be there! As I sit here and write this post, I think back to all of the great moments this team had this year. From the breath taking saves from Parker Milner, fantastic stick work of Chris Kreider, to the jaw dropping goals of Johnny Gaudreau, this has truly been a magical season. Now is a time to remember and celebrate. Let's look at some of my favorite moments from this season:
- To start the season BC defeats an overmatched Michigan State team, and then goes out and completely embarrasses North Dakota 6-2.
- Boston College ties up Notre Dame when Johnny Gaudreau scores the game tying goal with 2:10 left in regulation. Oh wait, the ending of that game was awful nevermind.
- Down 3-2 to UNH in Durham, BC storms back with another great goal from Johnny Gaudreau followed up by a goal from Steven Whitney to win it with 51.3 seconds left
- Beanpot. Bill Arnold need I say more?
- Hockey East, BC comes back against UMass, and wins two in a row against a Minutemen team that was playing very well against the Eagles. Maine, without Spencer Abbott was no match as well.
- Air Force came out strong against the Eagles, but spectacular goaltending by Parker Milner saves the day
- Going into a game where both teams were seen as evenly match BC absolutely destroys a completely overwhelmed Minnesota team.
- Ferris State played their hearts out against the Eagles, but a legendary goal by Gaudreau, and even more heroics by Milner clinch BC's fifth title.
Those are just a few memories of this season. What are some of the plays/games you will remember?