Yes, a few good things happened in 2012, too.
5. Anne Haeger ('12), Laura McKenna ('13), Briana Provancha ('12), Elizabeth Barnard ('15) and the Eagles women's sailing team win the ICSA Women's National Championship
Sailing adds yet another piece of hardware to the trophy case.
4. Boston College defeats #17 Florida State 64-60
Conrad very excite:
The effort was phenomenal. I cannot stress this enough. After seeing this team play 35 minutes a game and then collapsing, it was incredibly refreshing to see them play a complete game. I kept waiting for the collapse. It never came. They just kept fighting and didn't give up on any possessions. They kept their composure and a fed off of each other. You could practically see them maturing on the court. It was a joy to watch.
3. Boston College football hires Steve Addazio
The hire came out of left field and left many fans ... disappointed? Flummoxed? Confused? Certainly not 'Dazzled. But you can't deny the guy's energy and enthusiasm for Boston College football. Many have come around to the hire now and the future is certainly bright. Or at least brighter than it has been in recent seasons.
2. Boston College hires Brad Bates as athletics director
The school's athletic director search took many twists and turns with the school finally deciding on Miami (Ohio) athletic director Brad Bates.
1. Boston College hockey wins another National Championship
It was a tightly contested National Championship game through 2+ periods. Then this happened.
Really, you could put together a top 10 Boston College hockey moments of 2012 and have to omit certain events -- Bill Arnold's OT winner in the Beanpot final, any of the 19 straight victories to end the 2011-12 season, #York925, etc. etc. We really are spoiled.
Happy New Year, Eagles! Leave your own top moments in the comments section.