Lost Letterman recently took a look at the worst men's basketball uniforms of programs from one of the six major conferences. Boston College's new Under Armour threads came in at #8 in the countdown.
Here's the review:
"Boston College has a rich basketball history from the days of it being coached by Bob Cousy to when Troy Bell was the best player on the floor for either team on most nights. But the Eagles - who have played in both the top-flight Big East and ACC conferences - have such low-rent uniforms. For starters, there is a color clash with the dark red and gold that look as if two random paint cans fell on the uniforms. And here's another thing, B.C., shrink the size of "Boston College" on the jersey, it's way out of proportion."
Though, not to be outdone, fellow conference member Maryland came in at #2 in the countdown, ahead of only Northwestern.
Perhaps the author just doesn't any hoops unis designed by anyone other than Nike? Of the 10 worst uniforms, five were designed by adidas and four by Under Armour, while the worst dressed major conference program in the nation -- Northwestern -- will soon moving from adidas to Under Armour. Nike only had one entry in the top 10 -- no. 4 Arizona State.
Here are LostLettermen.com's Top 10 worst BCS conference CBB uniforms:
10. Seton Hall Pirates (adidas)
9. Texas A&M Aggies (adidas)
8. Boston College Eagles (Under Armour)
7. Louisville Cardinals (adidas)
6. South Florida Bulls (Under Armour)
5. Texas Tech Red Raiders (Under Armour)
4. Arizona St. Sun Devils (Nike)
3. Baylor Bears (adidas)
2. Maryland Terrapins (Under Armour)
1. Northwestern Wildcats (adidas)
And the top 10:
10. Michigan St. Spartans (Nike)
9. Missouri Tigers (Nike)
8. Kentucky Wildcats (Nike)
7. Duke Blue Devils (Nike)
6. Indiana Hoosiers (adidas)
5. Arizona Wildcats (Nike)
4. Connecticut Huskies (Nike)
3. Michigan Wolverines (adidas)
2. UCLA Bruins (adidas)
1. North Carolina Tar Heels (Nike)
I'm noticing a pattern here ...
What do you think? Fair critique of BC basketball's threads? Have you been happy with the switch from Reebok to Under Armour?