[Ed. note -- Edited, Front Page'd]
Ever since the injury to Montel Harris, people have been predicting doom and gloom for the Boston College Eagles football team in its first two games. But if you really look at this games on paper, BC would probably have the edge. Here's five reasons why.
- Dan Persa isn't 100% -- As mentioned in a previous FanPost, Dan Persa has said he has had trouble running, so if the BC pass rush can get to him a number of times. Persa will begin to make mistakes.
- Andre Williams and Rolandan Finch -- Many BC fans have been describing how Williams and Finch are very capable backups to Montel and many fans even say Williams has more talent. Mark my words: Finch will break out this year. He's fast and can run you over if he needs to.
- Northwestern's offensive line is putrid -- Dan Persa got sacked an eye-opening 34 times last season. Enough said.
- Larmond is back -- Colin Larmond Jr. missed the last preseason scrimmage with a cyst in his knee that had to be drained but he'll be fine for the opener.
- Improved BC pass rush -- BC now has Max Holloway, Kaleb Ramsey, and Dillon Quinn on the defensive line, and I thought those three pass rushed pretty well last season. Mehdi Abdesmad is a welcome addition.
What do you think? Does Boston College win this game? Vote now.