FanPost

NBA Draft Decision Time: What Will Reggie Jackson Decide?

[Ed. note -- Edited, Front Page'd]

Chad Ford of ESPN just recently posted that Reggie Jackson is still agonizing over this decision to stay in the 2011 NBA Draft or come back to Boston College. Let's look at the pros and cons of coming back to BC and leaving for the draft.

Pros for coming back to Boston College:

- Wide-open ACC next year after 4 coaching changes at Miami, Georgia Tech, Maryland and N.C. State and plenty of losses to graduation -- Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Malcolm Delaney, Jeff Allen, Mustapha Farrakhan, Derwin Kitchen -- and the NBA Draft -- Jordan Williams, Iman Shumpert, Kyrie Irving.
- Could have opportunity to be the ACC Player of the Year and be an All-American,  which will probably get scouts to know him better
- Jackson could get his degree, graduate, and have a chance at other things in life if basketball doesn't work out

Cons for coming back to Boston College:

- Coming back to young team that loses eight seniors
- Reggie may shoot up draft boards at workout in New Jersey today
- Taking a risk at coming back; injury, possibly a stronger draft class in 2012

 

Pros for entering the NBA Draft:

- Weak Draft Class
- As said before, Reggie might shoot up draft boards at workout in New Jersey
- Taking a risk by coming back to BC

Cons for entering the NBA Draft:

- Reggie's received mixed reviews on his draft status
- Not really a true point guard
- Some scouts don't know anything about him
- As said before, wide-open ACC next year and Reggie could get his degree

 

Overall, I think Reggie is about 51 percent leaving and 49 percent staying, or the other way around. We don't know. We'll see how he does in his workout today in New Jersey (if he shows up, Chad Ford of ESPN says he might not) and if he rises because of this workout, good luck on any chances for him coming back.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join BC Interruption

You must be a member of BC Interruption to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at BC Interruption. You should read them.

Join BC Interruption

You must be a member of BC Interruption to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at BC Interruption. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker