[Ed. note -- Edited, Front Page'd]
With a new season of the horizon, Frank Spaziani can't wait to continue his quest to be most boring and dull coach in America. Well, at least he can really run a defense.
Let's look at BC's offseason storylines so far: BC hires Kevin Rogers as new offensive coordinator to replace Gary Tranquill. Bringing in 23 recruits, including four 4-star recruits, according to Rivals.com. Anthony Castonzo picked 22nd by Colts. Mark Herzlich not drafted in NFL Draft, drafted 51st in UFL draft, passes on UFL, at least for now.
Now, lets pick every game, game by game:
- Northwestern: Win-Northwestern has talent, especially QB Dan Persa, but BC's defense is just too strong in this game, and Montel Harris runs wild.
- at Central Florida: Win-It'll be a tough win, but UCF is losing talent, so BC escapes with the win.
- Duke: Win-Rout here. Duke is losing all their great receivers besides Connor Vernon. Plus, BC is at home this time.
- UMass: Win-BC won't lose to a team just entering the FBS.
- Wake Forest: Win-BC will rock Tanner Price again, and Rettig has a big day.
- at Clemson: Loss-Clemson wins this nail-biter because of their home-field advantage
- at Virginia Tech: Win-The Hokies lose too much on offense to win this game.
- at Maryland: Loss-I hate to say it, but Maryland made a great hire in Randy Esdall. This game could go either way, but I'm picking the Terps.
- Florida State: Win-I'm not buying E.J. Manuel. I didn't see a lot in him, and he is raw as a passer. Also, looked what happened when BC went to Talahassee last year. BC's defense dominated the game, and got inside Christian Ponder's head. BC gets into Manuel's head too.
- N.C. State: Win-Who is NC State's QB? If they had Russell Wilson, this game would be very close, but they lost Nate Irving and now their only good QB? Good ol' Tom O'Brien. BC wins and sends the message to O'Brien "good riddance!"
- at Notre Dame: Win-Notre Dame will get its preseason love, but if Rettig had played the whole game last year, I still firmly believe BC would have won. Notre Dame is good on offense, but Chase Rettig has a great day and wills BC to victory. Its time for Superfans to invade Notre Dame Stadium again.
- at Miami: Loss-Miami is too tough at home, and I think the 'Canes pull through and win the Coastal Division this year. Close, but I'm going with the 'Canes.
That's brings BC to a record of 9-3, a national ranking of #24, and a solid season for BC fans. I think it's going to be a good year.