[Ed. note -- edited, Front Page'd]
It was officially announced today that the Boston College men's basketball team would participate in the 76 Classic in Anaheim, California. [Ed. note -- here was our article on the initial announcement back when the field included a "Big West team to be named later"]. The event will be held over Thanksgiving weekend, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, November 24, 25 and 27 in Anaheim.
The other participating teams in the field are:
- New Mexico Lobos (Mountain West)
- Oklahoma Sooners (Big 12)
- Saint Louis Billikens (Atlantic 10)
- Santa Clara Broncos (West Coast)
- UC Riverside Highlanders (Big West)
- Villanova Wildcats (Big East)
- Washington St. Cougars (Pac-10)
I think Villanova will win this tournament easily. It looks like Washington State, Boston College and Oklahoma are going through times where they lose their star and no mid-major team on this list can really challenge the Wildcats. BC can beat about every team on this list except Villanova and maybe Washington State. Thoughts?
By the way, football looks decent after spring scrimmages.