Boston College will host the Northwestern Wildcats in the second round of the NIT on Saturday, March 19 at 11 am. The game will be televised on ESPN. Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for youth, while students get in free with a school ID. The fourth-seeded Wildcats advanced to the second round after defeating Milwaukee 70-61 last night. John Shurna had 25 points.
Sixteen teams remain in this year's NIT. Here is the updated bracket, schedule and TV deets:
Friday, March 18
(4) California at (1) Colorado, 9:30 PM ESPNU
Saturday, March 19
(4) Northwestern at (1) Boston College, 11 AM ESPN
(6) College of Charleston at (2) Cleveland State, 2 PM ESPNU
Sunday, March 20
(4) Wichita State at (1) Virginia Tech, 11 AM ESPN
(7) Kent State at (6) Fairfield, 12:30 PM ESPNU
Monday, March 21
(3) Missouri State at (2) Miami, 7 PM ESPN
(4) New Mexico at (1) Alabama, 9 PM ESPN
(3) Oklahoma State at (2) Washington State, 11:30 PM ESPN2
The 11 am start is great, setting up one of the best sports days for Boston College fans in quite some time. BC fans can go to campus early in the day to catch the NIT game against Northwestern, go to the bars and watch a full day of NCAA Tournament
Second Third Round action, then head to the Garden to (hopefully) watch the men's hockey team hoist yet another Lamoriello Trophy.