Brian: I'm pretty pumped about watching #12 Matt Ryan get drafted later today. On the other hand, Jeff couldn't care less where he is drafted. To celebrate the occasion, I might go as far as to purchase an NFL jersey of #12 after the dust settles and Ryan is made a rich man.
But as ESPN College Gameday's Lee Corso likes to say, "not so fast my friends!" I already have my pre-existing NFL allegiances, biases and hatreds. I can't just go out and purchase any NFL jersey, even if Matt Ryan was the greatest signal caller we've seen play at BC. This lead us to ask the question:
Even if it was the uniform of an ex-Boston College great, what NFL teams would you under no circumstances purchase their jersey?
NFL Team: the Super Bowl Champs
Casual fan of: the New York Jets, so long as they don't suck and aren't playing the New York (football) Giants
I swear, under penalty of death, that under no circumstances would I ever buy a Matt Ryan #12 jersey, if Ryan is drafted by one of the below teams:
- Dallas Cowboys - /cringes
- Philadelphia Eagles - /cringes even more, thinks about all that time spent growing up in South Jersey a Giants fan ...
Washington Redskins - /cringes as he rounds out the rest of the NFC East
New England Patriots - would not want to be lumped into "Red Sox Nation" in any way (its bad enough BC fans are lumped into this lot!)
- San Francisco 49ers - even though they suck, too much Giants-49ers history to forgive and forget (that was pass interference!)
Miami Dolphins - pastel team colors? no thanks
NFL Team: no one team, really
Casual fan of: the New York Giants, New York Jets and the Seattle Seahawks
I swear, under penalty of death, that under no circumstances would I ever buy a Matt Ryan #12 replica jersey, if Ryan is drafted by one of the below teams:
- Atlanta Falcons - only thugs wear them
Oakland Raiders - same reason
Buffalo Bills - they suck
Chicago Bears - hate the Bears
- Dallas Cowboys - ... unless Matt also dates Jessica Simpson!
- Any Ohio team - ugly jerseys and nobody likes Ohio except people from Ohio